web analytics

Minutes of meeting September 2023

Minutes of meeting September 2023

October 20th, 2023

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 21st September 2023 at YIPs Centre, Inskip



Cllr Carol Berry (CB) Chair

Cllr Samantha Readyhough (SR) Vice Chair

Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)

Cllr Dean Faria (DF)


Clerk:  Susan Gilbert (SG)


Members of the Public:               




Cllr Nick Danby

Cllr Peter Cartridge (see Ward report below item 12.2)

Cllr Phil James



Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter


Meeting opened:            19:00

Meeting closed:               20.45



  1. Informal reception
  2. Open Forum
  3. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 24th August, 2023
  4. Matters arising from last meeting
  5. Community Event
  6. Highways
  7. Planning
  8. Carrs Green
  9. Wyre in Bloom
  10. Defib check confirmation
  11. Parish council admin
  12. AOB

Next meeting Scheduled for:  19th  October, 2023

Status:   APPROVED 

Chair:  Cllr Carol Berry

Date: 21st September, 2023 


  1. Informal reception


  1. Open Forum

Five members of the public attended the open forum.

  1. Claire Nash reported that the first two sessions of the Stay and Play meeting at Yips had commenced and the first was attended by 16, the second by 5 (although the weather was bad that day). Each session went well and she was confident that these would continue and grow.
  2. Neil Simmonds reported that speeding on Mill Lane/Preston Road was troublesome, Cllr Berry assured him that steps were being taken to address this and that the Community Drop In Event next week would highlight residents’ views on their preferred choice of traffic calming.
  3. Nicola Faria asked whether or not council could appoint more than six councillors to share the workload. Clerk responded that she thought not but the question had been asked of Wyre and no response was received.  Clerk to follow up.


  1. Minutes of the Last Meeting
  • Approved as read


     4 Matters arising from the last meeting 

  1. Flooding – Letters have been sent to LCC/Wyre/EA copy MP. A reply has been received and meetings will be scheduled to try to find a solution to the level of flooding which took place on 23rd July, 2023. Cllr Salter, LCC, has sent the following update:


“I’m sorry I can’t be there but as regarding the flooding I did raise it at the Wyre Flood Forum including asking how the different authorities are working together and I was assured that as well having been discussed at the most recent ‘making space for water’ meeting another meeting was being planned to investigate the causes further, and Wyre LCC and Preston city council will co-ordinate what they do in response. I also understand that the LCC flood risk team are aware of the properties in Catforth as well as Inskip that saw internal flooding and are in the process of visiting all properties affected in flooding on the 23rd of July  (there were other areas in Lancashire hit as well) with flood risk and highways personnel involved. A section 19 report is I understand going to be issued for the 23rd July which is where the Lead Local Flood Authority sets out their formal investigation and findings although that process can frankly take a long time it is at least indicative of the fact that this is being properly investigated “


2.Footpaths – Mr W Scott has provided quotations for work to be undertaken on Carrs Green footpaths and to clear the blockage adjacent to Carr House Farm on Carrs Green. Council agreed to instruct Mr Scott to do both these works.


  1. Community Event
  • Scheduled for 27th A meeting took place on 12th September to discuss table layout and guest presenters. Members were satisfied that arrangements were in place.



  1. A resident provided the clerk with a Transport and Road Safety Risk Assessment compiled during the fracking opposition in 2015. His point was that if Cuadrilla heavy goods traffic was not permitted to pass through the village, then all heavy goods traffic should be banned and re-routed in the interest of safety and to relieve the vibration caused on houses in the Mill Lane/Preston Road area of the village. Cllr Berry stated that companies operating through Inskip already had operators’ licences which would not be revoked.  If the resident wished to contact LCC themselves they were welcome but did not think council could support this.
  2. The lengthsman reported that the grass verges were being torn up by the contractors working on Preston Road, Crossmoor and asked that LCC be informed and for them to ask the contractors to reinstate the grass verges as they were and to clear the roads of heavy mud caused during this work.  Clerk has responded and LCC have been informed. Following the meeting, information was received via social media that the bus service through inskip was being diverted because of these roadworks and clerk has contacted highways to investigate alternatives. 

     7. Planning

  • The planning application for a fourth dwelling at Carr House Farm on Carrs Green has been rejected by Preston Council Planning 

     8.Carrs Green 

  1.  A resident sent in a complaint that an off roader vehicle was parking up every morning on the footpath adjacent to the tank trap (Woods Lane end) to exercise dogs and causing litter and mud ruts where it had been driven.   Council were informed are attempting to serve a notice on the driver.
  2.  The owner of Carr House Farm, Carrs Green has responded through legal channels and has made an offer for reinstating the bellmouth of the track to its original size and formation. Council is awaiting instructions from their legal team on the terms of accepting this settlement.


     9.Wyre in Bloom 

  1.  Wyre in Bloom presentation date is set for 19th October in Bolton, Mr Lingard and Cllr Carter have agreed to attend to represent Inskip.
  2. A poppy wreath for Remembrance Day has been purchased and a donation sent to British Royal Legion.  It has not yet been decided which councillor will attend to lay the wreath at the Church on Remembrance Day.
  3.  Mrs Claire Nash has volunteered to take over the co-ordination of Wyre in Bloom following Mr Lingard’s resignation in October. Council have agreed to this and the Wyre in Bloom department at Wyre Council have been informed. Claire is hoping to start a committee of residents willing to get involved in the WIB campaign and will keep council informed of their ideas and plans in the future.


    10.Defib check confirmation 

  • Cllr Berry has checked all units and confirmed all OK 


    11.Parish council admin 

  • Cheques presented for signature:
  • Chq 1382 – S. Gilbert – Avast software security payment
  • Chq 1383 – S.Gilbert – Easyspace – Website Domain protection
  • Chq 1387 – A Maxfield – lengthsman expenses
  • Chq 1386 – spoiled and cancelled
  • Chq 1385 – S Gilbert – wages
  • Chq 1384 – S.Gilbert (reimbursement of purchase of Poppy Wreath)  


     12. AOB 

  1. Cllr Cartridge asked that the following Ward Report be read out at the meeting in his absence:

“Please accept my apologies for not attending this evening’s meeting. I am away on council training in Warwickshire. It’s been a busy month in the ward, however this month has been particularly quiet where Inskip is concerned.

However, I recently met with a couple of residents from the Create Homes site to listen to their frustration regarding the delays to the final surfacing of the roads to the north. I contacted Create and they have confirmed that works had been rescheduled and residents would be informed. Residents are rightly frustrated, and I share that too. WBC cannot take any action. Yet, I will continue to monitor and lobby on the resident’s behalf.

If there is anything I can help with resulting from this evening’s meeting, please let me know.”


2. Cllr Faria suggested that outdoor adult gym equipment would be a useful for the village and that funding is available. It was agreed that this would be discussed at the next meeting and in the meantime Cllr Faria would investigate prices, equipment and funding to present to councillors next month.

3. Cllr Readyhough suggested that it would be useful for Inskip residents to have a bus shelter and it was agreed that the clerk investigate possibilities and it will be discussed at the next meeting.

4.The storage space at YIPs has been cleared out and the key passed on to the clerk. This is now ready for council to use for storage.

5.Cllr Carter offered to remind the contractor of the overdue siting of the memorial bench at YIPs.