web analytics

Minutes February 2023

Minutes February 2023

March 17th, 2023

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 16th February at the Baptist Church Hall, Preston Road, Inskip


Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)

Cllr Carol Berry (CB)

Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)

Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Cllr Nick Danby (NG)

Clerk:  Susan Gilbert (SG)

Members of the Public:               



Cllr Martin Delaney


Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Meeting opened:            19:00

Meeting closed:               21.00


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 19th January, 2023
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Highways
  5. Planning
  6. Carrs Green
  7. Financial Matters
  8. Wyre in Bloom
  9. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 16th March at 7pm




  1. Open Forum

Mr and Mrs Dearnaley attended to give thanks for the input Council had made to persuade LCC to complete works on the footpaths previously reported.  He also reported that the footpath at the end of the track leading to Carr House Farm Development needs strimming. He raised a point that LCC had a fund for Parish Councils to get a grant for improvement of footpaths locally but Cllr James explained that the commitment was too great for Council and would prefer LCC to remain in control.

YIPS representative Clare Nash attended and asked where the whereabouts of the box for the tennis nets for the tennis courts.  Cllr Lingard explained he had them at his house but the box was not really suitable for the nets.  He agreed to drop them off at Yips but mentioned that there could be an issue for adults playing tennis when youngsters were waiting to play football after school.  She explained that a grant was available for improvement but proof had to be made that facilities were being used, which was why she was trying to reinstate interest in tennis.  She also asked whether a fundraising walk could be arranged from YIPs along to Carrs Green and back with some activities on return and suggested May/June time.  She also asked whether Council were aware of any funding available as YIPs was costing more to run than funds collected.  She explained that previous fundraising attempts that have taken place have been ineffectual in raising funds. A suggestion was made to contact Cllr Sue Catterall and Cllr Peter Cartridge for funding directly from the Councillors.  Cllr Lingard suggested bucket collection at the checkout at Morrisons.  Cllr James suggested advice be sought from George Diaper in obtaining grant aid.

Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

  • Matters Arising
  • Concert Homes discussed litter dropping with site manager. Problem seems to have improved
  • Road sign at end of Pinfold Lane, LCC have apologised for delay and have ordered sign
  • Create Homes, reply received regarding supplying bench, ongoing.
  • Reply received from LCC regarding footpaths adjacent to Higham Side Road, a bridge has been built and the lock on the gate replaced for a user friendly type.
  • No reply has been received from LCC regarding the nature of work that is scheduled for Woods Lane

       Clerk to follow up

  • Dog Fouling – outcome of notices placed in the village, problem seems to have improved.
  • Commemorative Bench – Cllr Lingard reported that he has located a bench supplier and asked for suggestions on the wording for commemoration of Ms Mary Beetham. He agreed to contact those most close to Ms Beetham for suggestions.   He will report back when the bench can be supplied.
  • Highways
  • A complaint had been received from a resident who experienced an encounter with a HGV on Mill Lane, citing parked cars on the roadside as being the cause.  Council discussed the matter and no action could be taken as they do not have powers to remove parking from the road and it is not an offence.
  • Cllr James explained that to his belief the work that had been done with traffic calming measures in Woodplumpton had been funded by monies received from new homes development.  Council stated that they were disappointed in the decision that has been made by Wyre Council that housing development payments were kept by Wyre Council and not passed on to Parish Councils as was the system with Preston Council. Clerk to write to Wyre Council again expressing disappointment.
  •  Panning
  • The following application was received by Wyre Council:

       33 Manor Road, rear single storey extension, Council has no objection

  • The following application is pending at Preston Council Planning:

Carr House Farm, Carrs Green, Inskip with Sowerby.

Following Council’s objection lodged on 1st February to the application for change of use from agricultural to private for a fourth dwelling at Carr House Farm, Cllr James brought to the attention of the members that other objections had also been lodged against the application and, as landowners, requested clerk write to the those organisations to make clear the consequences of their requirements.

Preston Waste Management and Planning – they require a hardstanding erected for the housing of waste bins.  Letter to be sent explaining that a hardstanding would not be allowed by Parish Council.

LCC highways/Preston Council – they require passing places on the track to be in place before occupancy. Previous approvals already granted have ignored the fact that these passing places have not been approved by the landowner (Inskip with Sowerby Parish Council). Also, the track is in Wyre Council Ward who have not been party to the previous approval.  Letter to be sent to all parties explaining that approval for passing places has not been granted by Parish Council.

  • Zurich Insurance – clerk to check previous correspondence regarding the unlawful widening of the track leading to Carr House Farm.  The applicant has failed to reinstate the mouth of the track to its original size as promised.   Clerk to investigate whether Council’s insurance policy would cover this.
  • Cllr James has become aware of Planning Permission being granted in and around Crossmoor without Parish Council being advised as a consultee. Wyre Council had failed to notify the Clerk of such applications and they did not appear on the Wyre website when a search for applications in Inskip was made. It was only when searching Crossmoor that they could be viewed. Clerk to write to Wyre Planning to inform them that Crossmoor is part of Inskip and as such, Council should be consulted on Planning issues in Crossmoor.
  • Carrs Green
  • Cllr Lingard confirmed that the plaque provided by Lancashire Environment Funding has been erected on the kissing gate at the end of the boardwalk. A photograph has been taken, clerk to send to LEF
  • Financial Matters – at this point members of the public retired from the meeting
  • Clerk reported the current account bank balance
  • 2023/2024 budget has been prepared
  • Payments approved at the meeting:

                               S Gilbert – chq no 1346

                               A Maxfield – chq no 12345

                               S Gilbert – Cannon inks – chq no 1347 

  • Wyre in Bloom
  • Cllr Lingard attended a meeting on 15th Feb. It was decided that Inskip would again take part this year and the application was signed by Councillors.
  • Any other business.
  • Inskip Golf Club has received notice to quit from Defence Infrastructure giving them two weeks’ notice.  Clerk to write to Ben Wallace to request overturn of decision or at least a longer period of notice.
  • Bowling Club – clerk invited members of the Bowling Club to the meeting to discuss any further plans they have for improvement and whether Council could be of help.  They received no response from the invitation
  • Council received a complaint from a resident about a skip outside a house on Manor Road that is overflowing with litter blowing around the area.
  • Defibrillator check:   Cllr Berry has checked all five defibs and reported all in good order