web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes September 2022

Parish Council Meeting Minutes September 2022

October 27th, 2022

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 15th September 2022 at the Baptist Church Hall, Preston Road, Inskip



Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)

Cllr Martin Delaney (MD Vice-Chair))

Cllr Carol Berry (CB)

Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)

Cllr Nick Danby (ND

Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)


Clerk:  Susan Gilbert (SG)


Members of the Public:               




PCSO Creighton, Cllr Cartridge, Cllr Catterall.



Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter. Maureen Nield (InFocus) PCSO Denise Creighton.


Meeting opened:            19:00

Meeting closed:               20.40




  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 18th August, 2022
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning
  5. Carrs Green
  6. Financial matters
  7. Any other business



Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 20th October at 7pm


Status:  Approved 

Chair: Cllr Phil James

Date:  15th September, 2022 



A minute’s silence was held in memory of our late Queen Elizabeth II


  1. Open Forum

  PCSO Creighton sent apologies for not attending the meeting as her shift pattern has changed.  She had a meeting with the Clerk on 8th September and reported that there had been no crime in the parish, although burglaries had increased in the Garstang area, mainly opportunist car crime but also 2 house burglaries. Also, another case of fraud (as outlined to the PC previously) had been executed in her area.

A member of the public had complained about heavy vehicles being parked outside the building site and preventing the public using the footpath.  She called on the site manager who explained it was a one-off whilst the entrance was being repaired and it wouldn’t happen again.  The vehicles were moved directly.

PCSO Creighton is now speed gun trained and provided the road has been risk assessed by LCC she can conduct speed tests.  However, this would not result in a fine, but a warning letter to the motorist as she has not the correct status.  Cllr Berry added to this that she was intending to work with the PCSO next week on speed gun training.



  1. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.


  1. Matters Arising


  • The Parish Clerk reported that all Actions had been cleared with the following exceptions:
  • Waymarkers on Preston Road, LCC agreed to replace – work done. Thankyou letter required.
  • Deer signage- agreed by LCC and ongoing
  • Woods Lane – agreed by LCC and ongoing
  • Mr Porter – track to building project on Carrs Green, alternative offer of two rockeries at the entrance to the lane have been received from Mr Porter and declined by PC. A message was received following this refusal stating that the reinstatement of the bellmouth would be done next week (w/c 19th Sept) or the week after.
  • Layby – completed by Will Scott
  • Tank Trap – work completed by Will Scott. Additional clearing to be commissioned by council at a site meeting to be held Friday 17th September, 5pm
  • PC to send thankyou letters to the properties who have agreed to house the Defibs
  1. Highways

No item of discussion




  • The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:


  • The following applications were refused by Wyre Council:



  • Hodgkinsons’s farm have applied for a new hardcore track to the right of the new houses on St Peters Drive for access to his fields
  • Conversion of barns into 3 dwellings at White House Farm – Wyre Council having now determined that a formal Planning Application was required. PC made no comments.


6.Carrs Green

  • Will Scott submitted a quotation for clearing the Tank Trap and work is completed as per quotation. Further work is to be commissioned.
  • Cllr James and Cllr Lingard both noted that the dyke was more filled with water than expected at this time of year.   Further investigations were planned to see what was causing this filling up of the dyke.

A meeting was planned for 5pm Friday 16th Sept with Will Scott on site.

  • Cllr Delaney suggested a parallel path be cut alongside the road so that pedestrians can get away from speeding traffic. To be discussed at the site meeting and for future management of the common.
  • Cllr James said that local schools may benefit from the knowledge gained by visiting the common. Malcolm Evans has already volunteered to act as guide.  Clerk to write to Inskip School and suggest a school trip, Headmistress Kate Leyland.
  • Mike Porter has replied to requests to reinstate the track and has agreed to do it next week or the week after.

7.Financial Matters

  • The signatory esign was not successful and had to be done again, leaving the council without bank statements and cheque book.  Cllr Lingard called the bank and a complaint was made.  A second esign was done on 1st September and a letter is prepared to add SG as a link.
  • The final installment of the LEF grant is completed, a claim has been submitted for £2274 . A further claim of £1374 has been agreed by the LEF for work on Carrs Green, to be completed by the end of the year.



  • Payments approved at the meeting:
  • John Fox chq 1319 – installation of notice boards
  • CJB Electrical chq 1321 – fitting 2 defibs
  • WEL Medical chq 1322 – defib batteries x 3
  • Scott chq 1323 – creation of layby
  • PKJ Littlejohn LLP 1324 – outside auditor fee
  • Scott chq 1325 – clearing tank trap
  • Susan Gilbert chq 1320 – stationery
  • Susan Gilbert chq – wages(awaiting cheque book)
  • Andrew Maxfield chq – wages (awaiting cheque book)


  1. Wyre in Bloom
  • Payment request sent to Wyre in Bloom and received
  • Cllr Lingard has received an invitation to the WIB presentation in Bolton on 19th and 20th October and has agreed to represent Inskip with Sowerby PC .


9.Any Other Business

9.1 Defibs


  • Defibrillator check: Cllr Berry had to return two new defibs which were sent in error which are now replaced and is checking that the existing defibs are not on the recall list, scheduled 21st
  • Carl Bass has fitted the two new defibs to Sowerby Hall, Sowerby Road and Hendersons Farm, Crossmoor.
  • Batteries have been purchased and fitted to the three original defibs.
  • All five defibrillators are on the Circuit website. Circuit will manage the status of the batteries and pads and warn the PC when these will need replacing. Cllr Lingard would also like a defib check summary at each meeting which Cllr Berry agreed to provide.



  • Cllr Lingard said that a resident, Mrs Ronson, has arranged with LCC and the bus company for a bus stop to be erected before the common.
  • Cllr Lingard agreed to arrange for a wreath to be purchased from Royal British Legion for Remembrance Day
  • Peter Bond North West Ambulance contacted Cllr Berry and suggested that silicone be put around the inside glass on the three original defib units to prevent water ingress. Clerk to arrange.
  • Cllr Delaney asked for suggestions for an official opening of the common, to be discussed at the next meeting.
  • Cllr James suggested an article be submitted to INFOCUS regarding the completion of the work on the common. Clerk to action.