web analytics

Minutes of meeting held 18th August 2022

Minutes of meeting held 18th August 2022

September 16th, 2022

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: Thursday 18th August at the Carrs Green, Inskip

Cllr Phil James (Chair)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Nick Danby (ND)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk: Susan Gilbert (SG)

Members of the Public: 3

Cllr Carol Berry
Cllr Martin Delaney

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter, Maureen Nield, PSCO Denise Creighton

Meeting opened: 19:00
Meeting closed: 20.30

1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 21st July
3. Matters arising from the last meeting
4. Planning
5. Carrs Green
6. Financial matters
7. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for: Thursday 15th September, 2022 at Inskip Baptist Church Hall

Status: Approved

Chair: Cllr Phil James
Date: 18th August, 2022

Open Forum
• Malcolm Evans from the Fylde Bird Society reported that he had been providing seed for the birds on Carrs Green between October and March and would the council be happy for him to continue to do this. He was told that the Council would be most pleased if he would continue. He advised that there were now 21 species of dragonflies visiting the common.
• Mr Evans also mentioned that the Environment Agency in partnership with United Utilities have a project running to help good causes that might qualify in the Draft Habitat Plan. He told us that the Fylde Bird Society had put forward Carrs Green as a candidate for this plan with a view to getting the Tank Trap dredged. This was only a proposal as the EA and United Utilities needed to draw up a short list for most deserving causes.
• A resident asked whether or not it was permissible to erect bird boxes on the common and it was agreed that she should go ahead to do this. Mr Evans said he would advise her of the size of the hole required for tree sparrows.
• It was discussed that the local children might be interested in visiting the common on an organised outing during school time with a view to learning about the plants and animals that can be found on the common and Mr Evans said he would be willing to be involved in this if the school required specialized knowledge.

1. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

2. Matters Arising

2.1. The Parish Clerk reported that all Actions had been cleared with the following exceptions:
• Defib fitting – ongoing, Carl Bass has agreed to do the work
• Deer signage – approved and ongoing
• Woods Lane improvements – approved and ongoing
• Hornby Road road sign – approved and ongoing

3. Planning

3.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:

3.2. The following applications were refused by Wyre Council:

4. Carrs Green
Cllr James suggested that a lay-by to allow the parking of three cars should be made adjacent to the information panel near the end of Woods Lane. Clerk to contact Will Scott to ask for an estimate for the formation of such with suitable stoned surface.

5. Financial Matters –
• Wyre Council- annual rent for Manor Road, chq no 1316
• Claire Nash-YIPs-wild flower seeds, chq no 1315
• Andrew Maxfield-Lengthsman, chq 1318
• S Gilbert, clerks wages chq 1317
• Nat West Bank have still not correctly changed the address and signatories on the accounts and a letter has been prepared to send to the bank.
• Clerk to invoice Wyre in Bloom for the expenses

6. Any Other Business
• Wyre in Bloom judging took place on 2nd August and Cllr Lingard reported that the judges (from Myerscough College) seemed most pleased with the tour.
• Cllr Lingard reported that two waymaker traffic posts had fallen over on the side of Preston Road and were lying in the long grass on the grass verge. Clerk to report to LCC.

Addendum to Minutes above – additional meeting held on 26th August 2022, 7pm at Carrs Green Common
Cllr Phil James
Cllr Carol Berry
Cllr Geoff Carter
Cllr Martin Delaney
Cllr Alan Lingard

Apologies: Cllr Nick Danby

Clerk – Susan Gilbert.

1. The meeting was called by Cllr James in order to discuss the condition/size of the track on the left side of Preston Road heading into the village, leading through Carrs Green to the building project that is currently being undertaken by Mr Michael Porter.

After measuring the width of the stoned track from the far end to the road side it was determined that the width of the track was within acceptable terms laid out by the deeds of 3.5m although the bellmouth of the track on the roadside of Preston Road was way out of the agreed width, measuring in excess of 10m. The council agreed that this was not acceptable and would encourage parking which would cause an obstruction to the access to the buildings at the far end and worse, encourage possible fly tipping.

As there has been a history of disagreement in the past regarding this issue with Mr Michael Porter which resulted in the necessity to involve solicitors on both sides, it was agreed that the first course of action should be to write to Mr Porter and request he returns the bellmouth to the agreed size. Clerk to implement.

2. The council agreed that the layby on Woods Lane should be completed and the clerk should instruct Will Scott accordingly