web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes April 2022

Parish Council Meeting Minutes April 2022

May 20th, 2022

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: Thursday 21st April 2022 at the Baptist Church Hall, Preston Road, Inskip

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)

Members of the Public: 3 members of the public in attendance

Apologies: None

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Meeting opened: 19:00
Meeting closed: 19:45


1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 17th March 2022
3. Matters arising from the last meeting
4. Highways
5. Planning
6. Carrs Green
7. Financial matters
8. Wyre-in-Bloom
9. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for: Thursday 19th May 2022 at 7pm



1. Open Forum

1.1. Mr Nick Danby, a member of the public and member of the Roseacre Action Group (RAG) who fought the Fracking proposals at the Public Inquiry, gave Frack Free Lancashire’s (FFL) view on the news that Cuadrilla had obtained an extension to the time in which they must concrete fill the wells at Preston New Road (PNR), Westby. He said that it was FFL’s intention to continue making representations against any Cuadrilla plans to frack the PNR site but it was FFL’s view that it wouldn’t happen. He further stated that he thought Cuadrilla had ‘zero chance’ of fracking the Roseacre site.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. Action 7.19/2: Further emails to be sent to LCC Highways and Cllr Salter urging their responses.

3.2. Cllr. James to contact electrician re Action 10.21/8 as still outstanding.

4. Highways – Further to the report from Cllr. James at the March Meeting regarding the cancellation of proposed maintenance of Woods Lane it was agreed that LCC Highways should be asked to clarify the situation and ask why the Parish Council only discovered (by chance) from a third party that the scheduled works had been cancelled. On a separate matter Cllr James reported that he considered the state of the footpaths on Manor Road (and adjoining roads) were probably ‘amongst the worst in the County’ and LCC should be asked to take action.

5. Planning – Cllr. James reported that he had been unable to check the status of applications that afternoon as the Wyre Council website link to planning applications wasn’t functioning.

6. Carrs Green – Cllr. Carter advised that following discussions with John Fox the erection of the information panels was imminent. Cllr James asked that the post for the life ring to be sited near the ponds be undertaken at the same time. Cllr. Delaney asked that Wyre Council be reminded of promise to remove felled tree cutting material as he was concerned that by remaining there it could encourage more fly tipping. It was noted that whilst works to the gravel path on the common had been completed that the area ‘inside’ the kissing gate still needed ‘stoning up’. Contractor to be asked to do this.

7. Financial Matters – the following payments were approved at the meeting: Parish Council Needs You flyer printing (001293); Contractor’s Invoice for extending the gravel path on the common (001294); LALC (001295); Materials for refurbishment of bench outside YiPs (001296); Lengthsman’s fees (001297). Cllr. Delaney reported that all documents had been passed to Mr. G. Diaper to enable him conduct an audit of the 2021/22 PC accounts.

8. Wyre-in-Bloom

8.1. Cllr. Lingard reported that he had attended a meeting at Wyre with regards to this year’s Wyre-in-Bloom. He had ascertained what this year’s judging criteria was made up of and that it was likely to take place in early July.

8.2. Cllr. Lingard further reported that he placed the order for red, white and blue flowering plants with the nurseryman and that the cost of which would be circa £400.00 leaving funds to order additional plants if required and/or fund other related works.

9. Any Other Business

9.1. Cllr. Berry reported that her training as a community safety volunteer to work with the police community support officers to monitor traffic speed was due to start in the ‘next few weeks’ and that she was awaiting information on SPIDs that one to hand she would circulate.

9.2. It was reiterated that the retiring Clerk had reminded Parish Councillors that the Parish Council had received a grant of £500 for additional defibrillators and recommended that it would be appropriate to move this matter forward as soon as possible once a new Clerk had been appointed.

9.3. As reported at the March meeting the retiring Clerk reminded the Parish Council of the recent application received from the Bowling Club for a grant to renovate their pavilion. It had been agreed that the Parish Council should endorse the application and forward it to the Parish Champion at LCC. It was further noted that it may be necessary for both the Parish Council and the Bowling Club to contribute funds in addition to any grant monies received. Cllr Delaney agreed to look into this with the Bowling Club Secretary.

9.4. Cllrs. James and Delaney had inspected the Play Area prior to the meeting and noted that there was a potential ‘trip hazard’ on a part of the safety surface that should be reported to Wyre Council. They had also inspected the planted areas to the front of YiPs where damage had been reported by the ingress of persons unknown (probably children playing). Cllr Lingard agreed to contact a member of the YiPs Committee and ask that their members be reminded not to ‘trample’ on the planted areas and contain their activities to those that are grassed. (Footnote to this Cllr James received a call from Clare Nash who agreed to raise the matter forthwith).

9.5. Cllr. Berry reported a complaint from a resident that because there isn’t a sign posted bus stop on Carrs Green drivers were reluctant to stop. It was agreed that this should be highlighted to Lancashire County Council.