web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – September 2021

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – September 2021

October 22nd, 2021

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 16th September 2021.

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Members of the Public:  4 members of the public present

Apologies:  Cllr Geoff Carter (GC); Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); Mike Ainsworth (MA); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge.

cc:  Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Meeting opened:            19:00
Meeting closed:            20:35


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 19th August 2021
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning
  5. Carrs Green
  6. Financial Matters
  7. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 21st October 2021 at 7pm


Chair: Cllr. Phil James

Date: 21st October 2021

  1. Open Forum
  • Members of the public attended the meeting about the seemingly ongoing vehicle repair business operating from a domestic property. Following much discussion it was agreed that written and photographic evidence be submitted to Wyre Council, Lancashire County Council and the Environment Agency.

Action 9.21/1 – MA to submit evidence provided by residents and query Waste Permit with EA.

  1. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved and signed by the chair.
  1. Matters Arising
  • Action 6.21/1 – Blocked footpath. Carried forward
  • Action 8.21/2 – Hedge cut back so no further action
  • Action 8.21/5 – MA to report pot hole on Preston Road at Carrs Green to LCC Highways. Carried forward.
  • Action 8.21/6 – MA to write to Preston City Council again highlighting that the Parish Council have not agreed to the provision of passing places on the track leading towards Carr House Farm or for the placement of household waste bins on Parish Council land adjacent to Preston Road on the Common. Awaiting response/reply from PCC
  • Action 8.21/7 – concerns about the entrance to the public open space on the Create Homes estate from Pinfold Lane be highlighted to Wyre planners. Reply received from Wyre and circulated to Parish Councillors 24th
  • Action 8.21/8 – to liaise with Create Home to confirm responsibility for hedge maintenance. Awaiting satisfactory response from Create Homes. Carried forward.
  • Action 8.21/11 –to discuss Parish Council proposal for increase in rate with Lengthsman. Cleared.
  • Mobile Phones: Letter from Ben Wallace MP circulated to members prior to meeting indicating works to be undertaken by 2024.
  • No Mow Areas: It was agreed that it was not practical to locate these in the suggested locations and that Carrs Green provided ample space for them in a location that the PC were keen to promote interest in.
  • Other ongoing items:
  • Rumble strips
  • Traffic calming signage
  • Deer signage
  • Open space at Pinfold Lane (height of land and gate)
  1. Carrs Green
  • Three members of the Parish Council (PJ; AL; GC) together with the Parish Clerk (MA) met with leaders from the Wyre Countryside and Coast team, the LCC Lancashire Environment Record Network, the Wyre Rivers Trust, and the Lancashire Wildlife Trust and local naturalist Mr. Malcolm Evans on the Common. Subsequently the Parish Clerk prepared a draft management plan based upon the recommendations made by the professional environmentalist / naturalist partners for maintaining the Common in its pristine state.
  • PJ & AL reported on the advice given and after some discussion it was agreed to follow that with regard to the removal of saplings (for replanting elsewhere) and others, particularly those over the gas line. It was also agreed that the recommending trimming back of specific willows close to the tank trap, in particular those close to the B5269 bridge, be undertaken. It was further agreed that residents such as Mr. James Hall be kept informed of Parish Council plans with regards to the Common.
  • PJ reported on the completion of pond and footpath works and there followed a discussion about fencing off the ponds. It was agreed that it was likely that vegetation would soon outgrow any fencing even if it were 900mmm high (600mm had been suggested). It was further agreed that the operations undertaken were basically a reinstatement of historical ponds not the creation of new ones and the depth of these were far less than that of the tank trap that had always remained unfenced. Added to that the tank trap banks were far steeper and deeper when compared to the contours of the ponds. It was agreed that members should make their own site visits to appraise the situation prior to further discussion at the next PC meeting.
  • With regards to the proposed Information Panel to be sited in the village by the YIPS it was agreed that should photographs of a suitable quality not be found the photographic content would remain the same as that for the others. It was pointed out that the boards were to encourage/direct readers to follow the walk across the common. It was further agreed that those wildlife images provided by residents be supplied to the board designer ASAP in order that that part of the project be brought to an early conclusion.

Action 9.21/2 – MA to provide high resolution wildlife images to QJD and ascertain availability of ‘suitable local images’. Also MA to amend text as required (3rd para line 4 members of opinion it doesn’t ‘read right’)

  1. Planning – two applications were noted: East View; and 4 Council Houses, Crossmoor. No comments were raised on either.
  1. Financial
  • Invoice received from Lengthsman to be passed to MA for payment.
  • AL reported Wyre had asked for Wyre-in-Bloom grant applications and it was agreed that AL would consult with MA and formulate claim.
  • CB reported back on Action 8.21/9 to investigate funding for additional defibrillator units. CB reported ‘no freebies’ cost of equipment and box circa £1500.00, Suggested approaches to local businesses for contributions. Agreed first step would be to identify locations, reach informal agreement with land owner, MA then to write to landowner seeking formal agreement after which seek ways of funding.
  1. AOB
  • An issue with vehicles parking on the Preston Road footpath in front of Ash Meadows had been highlighted by the Lengthsman who had provided photographic evidence. It was agreed that this information be submitted to LCC with a request they write to residents who may be responsible (those immediately behind the hedge) asking them to desist such action.

Action 9.21/3 MA to write to LCC with regards to parking on Preston Road adjacent to Ash Meadows

  • AL reported that there would not be a Britain-in-Bloom North West awards ceremony at Southport this year and that he had yet to receive notification of the judging results.