web analytics

Parish Council meeting minutes – November 2019

Parish Council meeting minutes – November 2019

January 17th, 2020

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: Thursday 21st November 2019 at the YIPS Centre, Nelson Gardens

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk: Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public: none

Apologies: Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge

Cc: Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Meeting opened: 20:00
Meeting closed: 20:45


1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 17th October 2019
3. Matters arising from the last meeting
4. New Business:
4.1. Planning applications
4.2. Correspondence
4.3. Carrs Green
4.4. Financial matters
4.5. Wyre-in-Bloom
5. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for: Thursday 16th January 2020 at 8pm


Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date: 16th January 2020

1. Open Forum – no members of the public attended.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:

9.19/10 – to engage local electrician to replace light bulbs on Bowling Green car park
10.19/1 – to supply details of proposed location of signposts for Inskip Youth Club
10.19/3 – to supply content for Inskip Youth Club page for inclusion on Parish Council website
10.19/4 – to place notices publicising Prostrate Cancer UK event
10.19/6 – to provide feedback to Wyre Council with regard to polling stations
10.19/7 – to obtain estimate of cost of indemnity insurance to cover organising events
10.19/8 – to liaise with ‘In Focus’ with regard to publicising their campaign to recruit distributors

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:

7.19/2 – to ask LCC to carry out speed surveys and ascertain whether rumble strips are required

8.19/5 – to liaise with Wyre with regard to provision of doggie bins on the Common – a meeting had been held and it was proposed that bins would be placed at either end of the Tank Trap

9.19/1 – to provide details of SpID available and their costs – the Parish Clerk had circulated details provided by LCC Highways. One key issue with regard to provision of a SpID adjacent to the School was the presence of existing part-time advisory limit in operation at the School. It was agreed that the Clerk would circulate the information to interested members of the public.

9.19/6 – to prepare an application for funding from Awards For All

9.19/12 – to maintain bench adjacent to post box on Preston Road

10.19/2 – to liaise with LCC with regard to erection of signposts for Inskip Youth Club – the Clerk reported that LCC were not convinced that the provision of signposts would be of benefit to highway users on the basis that “YIPS is at a local central location and locals will know its location”. In addition they would only consider a direction sign leading onto Manor Road and not one at the junction with School Lane. It was suggested that if the sign also directed users towards the Bowling Club then LCC concerns with regard to the benefit of signage to highway users might be resolved. It was agreed that the Clerk would propose this to YIPS.

10.19/5 – to liaise with Create Homes with regard to availability of affordable homes – the Parish Clerk reported that he was still awaiting a formal response

4. New Business

4.1. Planning Applications

4.1.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
19/00773/FUL: erection of replacement garage / outbuilding at Lodge Cottage, Preston Road

4.1.2. The following Consultation and Public Exhibition has been brought to the attention of the Parish Council by Wyre Council: Future Fleetwood

4.2. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

4.2.1. Open Spaces Society – Autumn magazine
4.2.2. Wyre Community Lottery – launch event
4.2.3. Garstang Santa Dash
4.2.4. Mayors Civic Dinner
4.2.5. Lancs. Constabulary – business crime newsletter
4.2.6. Neighbourhoodalert.co.uk
4.2.7. Complaint about parking on Preston Road
4.2.8. Flying the flag for Lancashire Day

4.3. Carrs Green

4.3.1. Carrs Green development project –an application to the Lancashire Environmental Fund is to be submitted by end of next week. Parish Councillors confirmed that they were content with the cost estimated included in the application. The Parish Clerk sought advice with regards to a couple of questions that needed to be answered on the application form.

4.3.2. Cllr. James reported a couple of further instances of fly-tipping on the Common. Cllrs. Lingard and Delaney agreed to remove the rubbish taking it to the tip.

4.4. Financial Matters

4.4.1. A budget for the coming financial year 2020/21 prepared by the Parish Clerk was reviewed and approved by the Parish Council. It was agreed that subject to no significant developments between now and early January that an unchanged Parish Precept would be submitted to Wyre Council by Tuesday 14th January 2020.

4.4.2. Payments approved at the meeting: Clerk salary; PAYE; Clerks expenses; Electrician’s bill; Lengthsman’s fees.

4.5. Wyre-in-Bloom – Cllr. Lingard that he had attended the annual North-West in Bloom awards ceremony on 1st November and a regular Wyre-in-Bloom meeting last evening. Inskip received three awards this year: ‘Silver Gilt’ medal in the Best Village category; a ‘Highly Commended Award’ for improvements on Carrs Green; and ‘Winner of the Linden Homes Trophy for Best Private Front Garden’. Cllr. Lingard will be presenting the award to the member of the public whose front garden was chosen by the judges and will ask whether they have any concerns with their achievement being publicised locally.
Action 11.19/1 – AL to scan the North-West in Bloom award certificates so they can be published on the website

5. Any Other Business

5.1. Cllr. Houghton had asked the Parish Clerk whether there was a monetary limit above which quotes for works should be sought from multiple suppliers. Parish Councillors resolved that the limit should normally be set at £750 except where considerations of health and safety demand that time be of the essence in which case a single supplier might be invited to carry out the work. In addition it was confirmed that all other considerations being equal that there would be a bias towards inviting local businesses to tender for work.

5.2. Cllr. James asked that the record of Councillor attendance at Parish Council meetings be updated on the website and also asked for information with regard to website visitor numbers.
Action 11.19/2 – MA to update the Councillor attendance record on the website and provide information on website visitor numbers