web analytics

Minutes of Meeting held on Carrs Green Common – August 2019

Minutes of Meeting held on Carrs Green Common – August 2019

September 20th, 2019

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: Thursday 15th August 2019 at Carrs Green Common, Inskip

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk: Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public: 3 members of the public attended

Apologies: Cllr Carol Berry (CB); Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Peter Cartridge; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Meeting opened: 19:00
Meeting closed: 20:05


1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Carrs Green
3. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for: Thursday 19th September 2019 at 8pm


Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date: 19th September 2019

  1. Open Forum – the overgrown condition of the hedgerow adjacent to Preston Road bounding the field opposite to the Derby Arms was raised. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk should suggest to the farmer that the hedge needed a hard cut this autumn.

Action 8.19/1 – MA to liaise with the farmer of the field opposite to the Derby Arms to ensure a hard cut to the hedgerow adjacent to the footpath alongside Preston Road

  1. Carrs Green

2.1.    Parish Councillors inspected the work carried out by a contractor working on behalf of the owner of Carr House Farm to re-instate the track across the Common to its former width. It was agreed that the track had now been re-instated to its original width however concerns remained with regard to the steep gradient at the bell-mouth entrance being a risk for vehicles reversing when using the track to turn and for pedestrians stepping off the carriageway of the road here – also the amount of rubble left behind to the side of the track, particularly adjacent to the bell-mouth, was considered unacceptable.

2.2.    It was agreed that the Parish Council will not discuss the provision of passing places until the residual matters are resolved to their satisfaction and that the Parish Clerk should advise the landowner accordingly, proposing that soil be imported to grade the level between the track and the untouched common land adjacent to the bell-mouth in order that its original visual appearance is restored.
Action 8.19/2 – MA to liaise with landowner with regard to restoring the ambience at the entrance to the track across the Common and with regard to the provision of passing places on the track

2.3.    Cllr. Phil James asked that the Parish Clerk confirm with Preston City Council that the farm-track is single carriageway along its length, that the Parish Council has not currently agreed to the provision of passing places on the track and that Parish Council objections to the placement of refuse and recycling bins at the junction of the farm-track with Preston Road remain.
Action 8.19/3 – MA to confirm current concerns with regard to Carr House Farm planning applications with Preston City Council

2.4.    Parish Councillors inspected the newly created track of a path following the route of Public Footpath No.15. After the recent heavy rain the track was under water though it remained passable in wellington boots. It was agreed that it might be necessary to uplift the track by addition of perhaps 250 tonnes of gravel. In addition adding a gravel track might result in drainage issues so consultancy costs should also be added to the project budget.
Action 8.19/4 – MA to amend development budget to include the cost of gravel and consultancy on drainage

2.5.    The three estimates provided for provision of a boardwalk were reviewed. It was agreed that the lower of the two estimates based on durable man-made material would be included in the draft budget.

2.6.    Cllr. Lingard commented that it might be worth asking Wyre Council as to whether they would install one or more bins on the Common as receptacles for the collection of dog faeces would be of benefit. The Parish Clerk agreed to take this forward with Wyre officials.
Action 8.19/5 – MA to liaise with Wyre with regard to doggie bins on the Common

  1. Any Other Business

3.1.    Parish Councillors approved the following payments:  Clerk Salary; PAYE; ground rental for land at Manor Road; for creation of new footpath on Carrs Green; Lengthsman’s fees.

3.2.    Parish Councillors considered the following planning application:
19/00773/FUL – erection of replacement garage / outbuilding at Lodge Cottage, Preston Road: Parish Councillors were concerned that the proposed larger scale unit might be suitable for commercial use, also that the proposed steel cladded walls were out of character for the locality and compared unfavourably with the existing structure that was being replaced.
Action 8.19/6 – MA to provide Parish Council concerns about Lodge Cottage planning application to Wyre

3.3.    Consultation from Motorsports UK in advance of application for road closure for a road race special stage of the North West Stages Road Rally. Parish Councillors agreed that this should be raised again at the next Parish Council meeting in September.