web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – March’19

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – March’19

April 19th, 2019

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 21st March 2019 at the YIPS Centre, Nelson Gardens

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Chris Houghton (CH)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:                 
Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Apologies:  None

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter

Meeting opened:            20:00
Meeting closed:            21:05


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 21st February 2019
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. New Business:

4.1.    Planning applications
4.2.    Correspondence
4.3.    Carrs Green
4.4.    Financial matters
4.5.    Wyre-in-Bloom

  1. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 18th April 2019 at 8pm

Chair:Cllr. Phil James

Date: 18th April 2019

1. Open Forum

1.1. Wyre Cllr. Catterall reported that Wyre Council would be introducing new reduced parking fees and that the Council would be replacing existing green boxes with new wheelie bins for recycling glass, cans and plastics from 2020.

1.2. LCC Cllr. Salter reported that he had inspected the streets in conjunction with Cllr. James and had identified a number of trip hazards, pot holes, etc. and that these had been reported to the appropriate LCC teams for action along with issues raised at previous meetings. In addition he confirmed that he had reported the loose metalwork on Preston Road at the junction with Pinfold Lane to the relevant department.

1.3. With regard to the cleaning of highway gullies, LCC had previously switched from regular cleaning to a policy of reactive cleaning a few years ago hoping to reduce costs accordingly. This however had proven problematic and as a result LCC Cllr. Salter reported that a new policy would re-instate a routine gully clearance schedule with gullies allocated a priority such that gullies that regularly flood would be cleared more regularly.

1.4. Cllr. Salter informed the Parish Council that LCC were surface dressing Hornby Lane at a cost of £48K and planned to resurface the length of Pinfold Lane from Halls Lane / St. Michael Road through to Preston Road at a cost of £132K.

1.5. Cllr. Delaney asked LCC Cllr. Salter with regard to the proposed changes to Household Waste Recycling Centre hour of operation whether it would be practical to amend the proposed hours from 9am to 5pm to perhaps 11am till 7pm?

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
11.18/1 – Highways issues raised by Parish Council
2.19/2 – to update Parish Newsletter
2.19/4 – to provide feedback on proposed changes to Household Waste Recycling Centre opening hours
2.19/5 – to identify impact of Preston Local Plan
2.19/6 – to refer complaint on state of pavements to LCC. Cllr Salter
2.19/7 – to confirm whether Parish Council has the materials to support repainting of Cheshire Railings
2.19/8 – to liaise with LCC with regard to provision of materials for repainting the Cheshire Railings
2.19/9 – to liaise with YIPS Trustees with regard to proposal for a new noticeboard
2.19/10 – to re-enroll employees in Pension Scheme
2.19/11 – to liaise with Create Homes with regard to Wyre-in-Bloom
2.19/12 – to liaise with LCC Clllr. Salter with regard to clearance of drainage gullies

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:
2.19/1 – to arrange meeting on Common to evaluate the track of Footpath No.15
2.19/3 – to liaise with owner and solicitor with regard to re-instatement of track on Common

3.3. With regard to Action 2.19/3 the Parish Clerk reported that a further solicitor’s letter had been sent and again no reply had been received. The solicitor has advised that photographs were required showing the current state of the track and that the Parish Council would need to decide whether to carry out the remedial work to re-instate the track to its original condition and then claim costs or would rather claim costs first prior to the works being carried out. The next step would then be for the solicitor to decide whether there is sufficient evidence to issue proceedings.

3.4. Councillors recognized that costs would be incurred in re-instating the track to its original condition, which was the Parish Council’s primary objective, however there were concerns that public money might be seen to be wasted if for whatever reason Parish Council costs could not be recovered. It was agreed that a decision as to whether to proceed with re-instating the track ahead of receipt of costs would be deferred until confirmation was received from the solicitor that they would be prepared to issue proceedings.
Action 3.19/1 – PJ to supply photographic evidence of the current state of the track across Carrs Green

4. New Business

4.1. Planning Applications

4.1.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
18/00949/LMAJ – erection of agricultural buildings at Myrepole Farm, Rapley Lane

4.1.2. The following applications were referred to the Parish Council for comment:
19/00195/FUL – single storey rear extension with balcony at Birchwood, Preston Road

19/00088/FUL – menage for private use at Knowle Pad Farm Cottage, Pinfold Lane
Action 3.19/2 – MA to confirm whether the menage proposal includes floodlighting

4.2. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

4.2.1. Open Spaces Society spring magazine – noted.

4.2.2. Charter for Trees, Woods, and People – noted.

4.2.3. Response to consultation with regard to application by Cuadrilla to vary their fracking permit at Preston New Road. Treales, Roseacre and Wharles Parish Council (TRW) had prepared a submission in response to an application by Cuadrilla to permit a variation to the fracking chemicals for use at their Preston New Road facility and asked whether the Parish Council would be prepared to endorse the submission. The Parish Clerk had circulated the document prepared by TRW in advance of the meeting and Cllr. James proposed that the Parish Council supported it. This was agreed unanimously.
Action 3.19/3 – MA to confirm Parish Council endorsement of TRW submission in response to consultation with regard to application by Cuadrilla to vary their fracking permit at Preston New Road

4.3. Carrs Green – the Parish Clerk advised that there had been reports that someone might have been shooting or training dogs on the Common. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk should write to a member of the public advising that neither activity is permitted on the Common.
Action 3.19/4 – MA to write to member of the public about report of shooting on Carrs Green

4.4. Financial Matters – the following payments were approved at the meeting: Clerk salary; PAYE; publication of the Parish Newsletter; Lengthsman charges.

4.5. Wyre-in-Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that the next activity would be to order plants.

5. Any Other Business

5.1. Cllr. Berry reported that two of the defibrillator pads will need to be replaced in April.
Action 3.19/5 – MA to order two replacement defibrillator pads in April

5.2. Cllr. James reported that when he visited Derby Crescent with LCC Cllr. Salter he noted a number of broken marker posts, though it was unclear whether these had been installed by residents or by the highways authority. He also noted water rising to the surface through the tarmac at one point, which would be an issue for United Utilities to resolve. With regard to the sewerage problems at the base of Derby Crescent, he understood that these were now resolved.

5.3. Cllr. Carter highlighted that the reflective way markers at Woods Lane again needed to be repaired.
Action 3.19/6 – MA to report reflective way markers at Woods Lane to LCC for repair

5.4. Cllr. Delaney reported that vehicles attending the Create Homes site had been observed to have littered the main road through the village with stones and other debris.
Action 3.19/7 – MA to raise with Create Homes the report that vehicles attending the site had littered the main road with stones and other debris

5.5. The Parish Clerk reported that Parish Council elections were scheduled for 2nd May and handed out election packs supplied by Wyre Council.

5.6. It was agreed that discussion of an increment to the Clerk’s Salary should be deferred until the new council meets in May, though Cllr. James suggested that any increase should be backdated to start of April.