web analytics

Parish Council meeting minutes – September 2018

Parish Council meeting minutes – September 2018

October 19th, 2018

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 20th September 2018 at the YIPS Centre, Nelson Gardens

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)

Members of the Public:  Five members of the public.

Apologies: Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); Mike Ainsworth (Clerk)

Meeting opened:   20:00

Meeting closed:   21:50


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 21st June 2018
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. New Business:

4.1.    Planning applications
4.2.    Carrs Green
4.3.    Correspondence
4.4.    Financial matters
4.5.    Wyre-in-Bloom

  1. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 18th October 2018 at 8pm at the YIPS Centre.

Chair:  Cllr. Phil James
Date:   18th October 2018

  1. Open Forum

1.1.    The PC was asked to give a brief history of how the Wyre Draft Local Plan has reached its present stage.

1.2.    The ongoing flooding issue to Derby Crescent was raised as were reports/concerns in respect of falling water pressures. MA to write again to UU and Ben Wallace MP.

1.3.    There was discussion regarding ways to reduce speeding in the village, particular reference being made to that section of the B5269 between Carrs Green Common and the Derby Arms (PH). It was reported that letters had been received from other members of the public giving their views. It was suggested that speed cameras should be deployed on a regular basis with the appropriate warning signs placed in prominent positions. It was agreed that the Clerk should pursue this and seek advice from LCC Cllr Matthew Salter on potential traffic calming measures in this and other village locations.

1.4.    From that came the suggestion that Deer Warning signs should also be erected with reports of two specimens being hit/killed by vehicles this year. That prompted a further suggestion that Horse Rider Warning signs be erected on Woods Lane close to the stables. Again, it was agreed that the Clerk should pursue these matters.

1.5.    It was suggested by a resident that Carrs Green Common be allowed to revert to its former woodland status. It was pointed out that a clear corridor would needed to be retained over the Gas pipeline which the resident said would be acceptable.

  1. Minutes of July & August Meetings – approved as read.
  1. Matters Arising

3.1.    The following outstanding actions were cleared:

6.18/6 – Notice Board Signage completed. AL to source invoice.

7.18/13 – No longer required. AL painted back to stone bench prior to BKV judging.

7.18/5 – No longer required. Action to erect safety fence/rail supersedes.

3.2.    The following actions were carried forward:

7.18/2 – AL to raise with lengthsman.

7.18/12 – AL to remove once flowers die.

8.18/1 – MA awaiting receipt of quote.

  1. New Business

4.1.    Planning Applications

4.1.1.  The following application was approved by Wyre Council:
18/00662/FUL: Rear conservatory at The Old Post Office, Carrs Green – Approved.

4.1.2.  The following application had been withdrawn:
18/00593/OULMAJ: Erection of industrial units Higham Side Road.

4.1.3.  The following applications were refused by Wyre Council:  none.

4.1.4.  Modifications to the Wyre Draft Local Plan. Following a lengthy discussion it was agreed that representations be made to Wyre BC with a view to more protection being given to the land west and north of the School for future school use/extension/development. Clerk to write.

4.2.    Carrs Green

4.2.1.  It was agreed that GC should request the contractor to re-affirm/re-submit his estimate for the reduction of the width of the track and further to that endeavor to obtain a second estimate from A.N. Other.

4.3.    Correspondence

PJ highlighted the letter from Wyre BC in respect of community led housing giving his thoughts/interpretation on that and its supporting document. It was agreed that MA be asked to study this and the matter be discussed further at the next meeting.

4.4.    Financial Matters – In the absence of the Clerk there were no reports or payments.

4.5.    Wyre-in-Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that he had asked Jo Sharp (WBC) to collect any award Inskip may be given on behalf of the PC. He further reported that he was still awaiting an invoice from the nurseryman who provided the plants.