web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – April 2018

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – April 2018

May 18th, 2018

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 19th April 2018 at the YIPS Centre, Nelson Gardens


Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:               
Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; Mr. Paul Desborough

Cllr Chris Houghton (CH)

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus)

Meeting opened:            20:00
Meeting closed:               21:35


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 22nd March 2018
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. New Business:

4.1.    Planning applications
4.2.    Correspondence
4.3.    Carrs Green
4.4.    Financial matters
4.5.    Wyre-in-Bloom

  1. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 17th May 2018 at 8pm


Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date: 17th May 2018

1. Open Forum

1.1. Wyre Cllr. Catterall highlighted Orchard End Community Funding and also asked whether there was anything that the Parish Council would like to be raised with the Wyre Chief Executive when he visits the Ward? The Parish Clerk suggested that the Parish Council could do with support from Wyre Council in plans to develop the Common.

1.2. At this point Wyre Cllrs. Catterall and Pimbley left the meeting.

1.3. Mr. Paul Desborough (PD) asked what plans the Parish Council had for attending the Public Examination of the Wyre Local Plan. The Parish Clerk proposed that the Parish Council would attend Sessions 1 and 2 on the first day of the Examination, Tuesday 15th May, to address the following two points:

• Was engagement with Inskip-with-Sowerby Parish Council in advance of formal consultation appropriate; and
• Should Inskip be designated as a “Main Rural Settlement”?

And at Session 10 on Wednesday 23rd May, which considers the housing allocations at Inskip.

1.4. PD suggested that it would also be worthwhile for the Parish Council to attend Session 7 on Friday 18th May when Ben Wallace MP is scheduled to speak.

1.5. It was agreed that Cllr. Phil James would represent the Parish Council on Tuesday 15th and Friday 18th May. The Parish Clerk agreed to attend in Wednesday 23rd May.
Action 4.18/1 MA to advise the Programme Officer that the Parish Council wish to participate in Sessions 1, 2, 7, and 10 of the Wyre Local Plan Public Examination

1.6. The Parish Clerk reported that Metacre had sought assistance from the Parish Council with regard to a request made by De Pol Associates to place a booking with YIPS for a Public Exhibition of their Masterplan for the proposed Inskip Extension. It was understood that though YIPS had agreed in principal to accept a booking once the Public Examination of the Wyre Local Plan was complete it appeared that this message had not got back to De Pol. The Parish Clerk agreed to forward correspondence from De Pol to members of the YIPS leadership team.

1.7. At this point Mr. Paul Desborough left the meeting.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
3.18/1 – cancel meeting with Metacre and De Pol
3.18/2 – report dog dirt on public footpath near School

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:
4.17/1 – Carrs Green development: The Parish Clerk had circulated replies received from three Commoners who had been consulted with regard to the proposed development – two in favour, one opposed. It was agreed that the next step was to consult other local and national stakeholders including Fylde Bird Club, Lancashire Wildlife Trust, ARGSL, Historic England, The Open Spaces Society, and the Campaign to Protect Rural England. Carried forward

8.17/1 – track from B5269 towards Carr House Farm: Cllr. Carter reported that he was now seeking a further quotation, this time from agricultural contractors J.W. Sanderson. Carried forward

4. New Business

4.1. Planning Applications – The Parish Clerk reported that no new planning applications had been approved or refused by Wyre Council, and none had been referred to the Parish Council for comment.

4.2. Public Inquiry into Cuadrilla appeal against refusal of planning permission to frack at Roseacre Wood

4.2.1. Parish Councillors have attended each session of the Public Inquiry to date and Cllrs. James and Berry have presented statements to the Inquiry. The Parish Clerk suggested that members of the public may not be aware of the support given by the Parish Council to the opposition to the Cuadrilla appeal, or the commitment of members of the Parish Council in attending the Inquiry, or the commitment of members of the community – in particular that of Mr. Tom Hastey. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk should draft a Parish Newsletter highlighting Parish Council activity in opposing both the Cuadrilla appeal and also in opposing the proposed Inskip Extension.
Action 4.18/2 – MA to draft Parish Newsletter

4.2.2. The Public Inquiry will meet for a further three days. Cllr. Berry will travel on the bus for the Site Visit on Friday 20th April. It was agreed that Cllr. James would attend on Tuesday 24th April when Mr. Tom Hastey will be giving evidence on transport matter in opposition to the appeal. The final day, Wednesday 25th will comprise closing submissions by counsel and it was agreed that the Parish Council would not attend this session.

4.2.3. The Parish Clerk highlighted the Draft Conditions under negotiation between Cuadrilla, LCC, and RAG. These will form a key element of the recommendation that the Public Inspector will submit to the Secretary of State in due course and as a result the Inspector is seeking agreement between the parties before the Public Inquiry is completed next week.

4.3. Correspondence – The Parish Clerk highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

4.3.1. LCC Have Your Say – NoWcard discretionary charges
Action 4.18/3 – MA to submit comments on the proposed 100% increase in NoWcard discretionary charges

4.3.2. LALC – Review of Local Government Ethical Standards
4.3.3. LCC Road Closure – Moorside Lane, Woodplumpton
4.3.4. LCC consultation on Community Transport – runs from Monday 16 April to Sunday 10 June
4.3.5. North West Air Ambulance request for donations (last was £100 in January)

4.4. Financial Matters

4.4.1. The Parish Council reviewed and approved Section 1 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return for Smaller Authorities in England 2017/18 – the Annual Governance Statement 2017/18 financial statement.

4.4.2. The Parish Clerk reported that the Internal Auditor had highlighted that he expected the Parish Council to cover a wider range of subjects in the Risk Register and it was agreed that the Parish Clerk would prepare and circulate an updated Risk Register for Parish Council review.
Action 4.18/4 – MA to prepare and circulate an updated Parish Council Risk Register

4.4.3. Payments approved at the meeting: Clerk salary; PAYE; Parish Council Insurance; Lengthsman’s fees; IRAG flier.

4.4.4. With regard to renewal of the Parish Council Insurance policy, Cllr. Delaney suggested that renewal be deferred whilst he obtained a quotation from NFU Mutual, as they may be able to offer a policy more suited to the Parish Council needs as a landowner.
Action 4.18/5 – MD to obtain quotation for Parish Council Insurance

4.5. Wyre-in-Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that an order had been placed for flowers, that a couple of tubs needed to be replaced, and that the School had been invited to take part in Young Wyre in Bloom. A discussion was held as to whether to also invite Create Homes, and it was agreed to approach them once the Wyre Local Plan Public Examination had concluded.

5. Any Other Business – The Parish Clerk reported upcoming annual leave and obtained agreement to place a booking for the YIPS for future Parish Council meetings.