web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – March 2018

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – March 2018

April 20th, 2018

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 22nd March 2018 at the YIPS Centre, Nelson Gardens

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:               
Andrew Maxfield; Paul Desborough; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter; one other member of the public

Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus)

Meeting opened:          20:00
Meeting closed:            22:00


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 15th February 2018
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. New Business:

4.1.    Planning
4.2.    Correspondence
4.3.    Carrs Green
4.4.    Financial matters
4.5.    Wyre-in-Bloom

  1. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 19th April 2018 at 8pm

Chair:  Cllr. Phil James
Date:  19th April 2018

1. Open Forum

1.1. Mr. Andrew Maxfield explained that he would like to erect a brick built bus shelter with a pitched roof at the Preston Road / Pinfold Lane bus stop in memory of his late father and sought the views of Parish Councillors. Create Homes had said that they were willing to assist. Parish Councillors felt that this initiative was commendable, but suggested that it might be prudent to defer further engagement with Create Homes until after the Wyre Local Plan had been reviewed in May. Cllr. James advised that the Highways Authority owned the land and noted that there might be a service strip adjacent to the road.

1.2. Mr. Paul Desborough (PD) asked for Parish Councillors to assist him by reviewing material that he had prepared that sought to show that Wyre Council had failed in their duty to consult during the production of the Wyre Local Plan – and that as a result the Local Plan was not consistent with national planning policy with regard to meaningful engagement and collaboration with neighbourhoods. This section of the meeting lasted for approximately three quarters of an hour and Cllr. James agreed to provide PD with further information if it was available.

1.3. Cllr. James stated that Parish Councillors had agreed to meet Del Pol and Metacre next week to discuss details of the proposed Inskip Extension Masterplan. There was concern however that we as a village should not be doing anything to support or encourage housing development in our settlement; and a case was made that the Parish Council should decline any support for this at the earliest opportunity, even if this would need to be an ‘about turn’ on arrangements so far – and that if the Parish Council were seen to engage with the developers and if further housing development was subsequently to be approved that villagers will be unlikely to forgive those responsible.

As a result Cllr. James said that he was coming to the view that meeting with De Pol and Metacre might not be wise, as attending any such event might be falsely represented as an endorsement of the Masterplan being prepared on behalf of Metacre. The Parish Clerk advised that this should not be an issue as the Parish Council could refute any such suggestion directly at the Public Examination.

PD stated that 74% of all households in Inskip oppose further development. The Parish Clerk advised that it was quite possible to oppose further development whilst still engaging in the planning process and that there was a risk that the Parish Council might fail to represent residents adequately. A further case for non-engagement might be put forward once the Wyre Local Plan had been baselined and before planning permission was granted for any subsequent development. Cllr. James rejected this argument and affirmed that the Parish Council would definitely be prepared to engage in discussion of any Inskip Extension Masterplan and of detailed plans for further development once the Local Plan had been approved.

Parish Councillors resolved that the meeting arranged for next week with De Pol and Metacre be cancelled but that the Parish Council should engage actively with De Pol and Metacre with regard to the Inskip Extension Masterplan and with detailed development plans once the Public Examination of the Wyre Local Plan has been completed.
Action 3.18/1 – MA to cancel meeting with De Pol and Metacre

1.4. LCC Cllr. Matthew Salter reported that a new pothole policy would be inaugurated in April and would be able to report more at a future meeting.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
2.18/1 – liaise with LCC with regard to repair of footbridge across the Tank Trap;
2.18/2 – kissing gate by White House Farm;
2.18/3 – publish Public Inquiry notice on website and Parish Noticeboards;
2.18/4 – liaise with regards to installation of pipe under the Common;
2.18/5 – to send condolences on behalf of Parish Council;
2.18/6 – investigate provenance of meeting minutes released by WBC under FOI.

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:
4.17/1 – Carrs Green development (letters received from three commoners);
8.17/1 – track from B5269 towards Carr House Farm (still awaiting quote for re-instatement).

4. New Business

4.1. Planning

4.1.1. The following planning applications were approved by Wyre Council:
17/00964FUL: erection of single storey rear extension and 2 storey side extension with porch at 2, New Cottages, Sowerby Road

4.1.2. The following applications have been submitted to the Parish Council for comment:

17/01083/OUT – up to two dwellings with access applied for (all other matters reserved) at Green Farm Carrs Green – amendments to the above application which has resulted in a change to the description – no issues raised;

18/00179/FUL – erection of 3 detached garages and hard-standing at Mid Fylde Piggeries – no issues raised.

4.1.3. The Parish Clerk asked who might speak on behalf of the Parish Council at the Public Inquiry into the Cuadrilla Planning Appeal and who might attend the site visit. Cllr. Berry volunteered for both roles. She also noted that as a Rule 6 participant the Parish Council will be allocated a desk and chair for the duration of the Public Inquiry, and suggested that we should arrange that someone attend to represent the Parish Council for appropriate sessions once the detailed timetable is known.

4.1.4. Cllr. Delaney reported that further construction work appears to be under way to the rear of Nos. 2 and 8 Meadow View. It was suggested that this might be permitted development or alternatively remedial work. Cllr. Delaney agreed to investigate further.

4.2. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

4.2.1. Glasdon Local Councils brochure;
4.2.2. WBC Tree Preservation Order;
4.2.3. Mayor’s Charity Ball 20th April;
4.2.4. Lancs. & Merseyside Training Partnership – Planning Workshop;
4.2.5. EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – the Parish Clerk explained that Wyre Council were offering a training session on GDPR, which he would attend, but felt that it would also be wise if one of the Councillors also attend. Cllr. Lingard volunteered;
4.2.6. Open Spaces Society;
4.2.7. Lancs. Assoc. of Local Councils Spring Conference;
4.2.8. Met Office severe weather warnings;
4.2.9. Wyre press release: registering for green waste collection service;
4.2.10. National Grid pipeline inspection;
4.2.11. IRAG with regard to Newsletter – Parish Councillors agreed to fund the production of this.

4.3. Carrs Green – owing to other high priority matters it was agreed to defer discussion of next steps to a future meeting.

4.4. Financial Matters – Payments of Clerk Salary, PAYE, Clerks Expenses and Lengthsman fees approved at the meeting.

4.5. Wyre-in-Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that he would need to replace several flower tubs this season.

5. Any Other Business – The Parish Clerk said that a member of the public had reported rather a lot of dog dirt on the public footpath towards the School. It was agreed that this should be reported to the District Council.
Action 3.18/2 – MA to report dog dirt on public footpath near to School to Wyre Council