web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – Nov’17

Parish Council Meeting Minutes – Nov’17

January 19th, 2018

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 16th November 2017

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Chris Houghton (CH)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:1 member of the public attended plus Wyre Cllrs Catterall & Pimbley (Item 1 only)

Apologies:  Cllr Carol Berry (CB)

cc: Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus)
Meeting opened: 20:00
Meeting closed: 22:10


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 19th October 2017
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning applications
  5. Carrs Green
  6. Correspondence
  7. Any other business
  8. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 18th January 2018 at 8pm

Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date:  18th January 2018

1. Open Forum

1.1. A member of the public asked whether the Parish Council was in a position to benefit from the collection of the Community Infrastructure Levy collected from landowners of new developments.
Action 11.17/1 – MA to contact Wyre Council to seek information on the Community Infrastructure Levy

1.2. A member of the public asked about the state of public footpaths on the Common. It was agreed that the Parish Council would investigate the state of the footpaths during 2018 and include in the overall Carrs Green development proposal.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
10.17/1 – submit response to Wyre Local Plan and publish on website;
10.17/2 – feedback comments on amended site layout plan for Preston Road Phase II;
10.17/3 – to advise member of public with regard to responsibility for litter-picking;
10.17/4 – to write note of thanks to Create Homes;
10.17/5 – to submit claim for recovery of Wyre-in-Bloom costs.

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:
4.17/1 – plan for development of the Common as a community resource (see item 5, below);
8.17/1 – track from B5269 towards Carr House Farm.

3.3. With regard to Action 8.17/1 the Parish Clerk reported that he was still awaiting confirmation from the Parish Council Insurers as to whether they would support legal action under the insurance policy in this matter and agreed to chase this up. In the meanwhile it was proposed to reach out to the landowner at Carr House Farm to ascertain whether it might be practical for him to revert the track to its former width in the future and whether he would be able to assist the Parish Council in their plans to develop the Common by offering any limestone that might be lifted as a result of reverting the track to its former width for use in the proposed developments or contribute to the proposed development in other ways. Carried forward

4. Planning Applications

4.1. Planning Appeal – a pre-enquiry for the planning appeal by Cuadrilla, who is seeking to allow fracking at the Roseacre Wood site, was held at Blackpool FC on 31st October. Cllr. James highlighted that Cuadrilla had been refused planning permission owing to transport concerns and objectors anticipate that Cuadrilla might seek approval for a transport plan that involved multiple routes to the site including through Inskip.

4.2. It was reported that the following applications had been approved by Wyre Council:
17/00631/REMMAJ – 55 dwellings north and south of Preston Road, Inskip
17/00711/COUQ – conversion of barn at Chesham Hill Farm to one dwelling
17/00879/FUL – Cornfields, Preston Road, amended application

4.3. Concerns were raised with regard to the approval of 17/00631/REMMAJ – Cllr. James highlighted that the latest site layout plan dated 24th October excluded the land reserved for a potential future shop from the Site Boundary, which had been included in each version of the site layout plan up to and including the version dated 12th September 2017. Also whilst the earlier site layout plan had transposed the originally proposed “Sowerby” style dwelling at Plot 15 with the “Kirkland” style proposed for Plot 14 the approved site layout had switched these two back again to the original configuration that the Parish Council had opposed. It was agreed that this was unacceptable and that the Parish Clerk should challenge this with Wyre Council.
Action 11.17/2 – MA to raise complaint with Wyre Council with regard to the final approved site layout plans for the proposed new development at Preston Road

4.4. The Parish Clerk highlighted concerns that the housing development might progress without adequate consideration of the requirements for affordable housing. Cllr. James suggested that this matter might have been covered under Outline Planning consent and it was agreed that the Parish Clerk would confirm whether this was the case and to seek confirmation as to how the provision of affordable housing would be progressed on this new development.
Action 11.17/3 – MA to seek confirmation from Wyre Council with regard to the provision of affordable housing on the new development at Preston Road

4.5. Comments were requested with regard to the following applications:
17/00964/FUL – 2 New Cottages, Sowerby Lane. No issues were raised.

4.6. With regard to the Wyre Local Plan Cllr. James reported that he had asked the Inskip Residents Action Group (IRAG) for a copy of their representation in response to the Local Plan, however the IRAG convenor, Mr. Paul Desborough, had declined to provide a copy. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would formally approach IRAG expressing emphasising the benefits of working together.
Action 11.17/4 – MA to seek copy of IRAG representation in response to Wyre Local Plan

5. Carrs Green – (outstanding action 4.17/1 refers). The Parish Clerk presented a one page proposal for the first stage of development of Carrs Green Common as a community resource. This was approved. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would next liaise with Wyre Council and other authorities. Carried forward.

6. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

6.1. LCC Winter Briefing and poster
6.2. Open Spaces Society magazine
6.3. United Utilities with regard to flooding at Derby Crescent
6.4. Inskip Baptist Hall
6.5. LBKV results
6.6. Lancashire and Merseyside County Training Partnership
6.7. From member of the public with regard to Create Homes signage
6.8. Phone call from member of public with regard to affordable homes for rental
6.9. School – Christmas Fayre
6.10. Great Eccleston Action Group – public meeting

7. Any Other Business

7.1. It was reported that the footbridge on the Common had a broken hand rail.
Action 11.17/5 – MA to report broken hand rail on footbridge to LCC

7.2. Cllr. Delaney asked whether the post of internal auditor should be reviewed. It was agreed to continue with the current internal auditor for the next period but to review again subsequently.

8. Financial Matters – at this point members of the public had left the meeting

8.1. An annual budget for 2018/18 was submitted by the Parish Clerk for consideration. It was agreed that the budget, amended to reflect points raised during discussion, would be approved and subject to no significant developments between now and the January meeting the Parish Council approved that the precept submitted to Wyre Council would remain unchanged for a further year.
Action 11.17/6 – MA to submit Precept by 12th January 2018

8.2. The Parish Council agreed to release payment of room rental due to YIPS for 2017/18 and the Parish Clerk was given permission to schedule and advertise meetings for 2018.
Action 11.17/7 – MA to place room bookings for first half of 2018 and advertise meeting time through inFocus

8.3. Payments approved at the meeting: Clerk Salary; PAYE; YIPS room rental for IRAG meetings.