web analytics

Parish Council meeting minutes Oct’ 2017

Parish Council meeting minutes Oct’ 2017

November 17th, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 19th October 2017


Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Chris Houghton (CH)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)
Members of the Public:  2 members of the public attended

Cllr Martin Delaney (MD); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Paul Desborough

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus)

Meeting opened:            20:00
Meeting closed:               21:40


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Wyre Local Plan
  3. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 21st September 2017
  4. Matters arising from the last meeting
  5. Carrs Green
  6. Planning applications
  7. Correspondence
  8. Financial matters
  9. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 16th November 2017 at 8pm

Chair:    Cllr. Phil James
Date:     16th November 2017

  1. Open Forum – no issues were raised.


  1. Wyre Local Plan

2.1.    The draft submission prepared by the Parish Clerk in response to the Wyre Local Plan was discussed. It was agreed that a final version would be produced by the end of next week, incorporating comments received from Parish Councillors and from the IRAG Coordinator, and that the final version would be published on the Parish Council website and be submitted to Wyre Council at that point.

Action 10.17/1 – MA to publish final version of Parish Council submission in response to the Wyre Local Plan on the Parish Council website and deliver a copy to Wyre Council

2.2.    The Inskip Residents Action Group (IRAG) have submitted a request for funding from the Parish Council. It was agreed to cover initial stationery and photocopying costs up to a budget of £100, subject to receipt of invoices, and to cover the cost of room hire for meeting scheduled up till Christmas.

  1. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.


  1. Matters Arising

4.1.    The following outstanding actions were cleared:

9.17/1 – draft further flier / questionnaire. This action was cleared, though the draft flier was not in fact issued as an IRAG circular was already in circulation;
9.17/2 – prepare half yearly accounts and draft risk register;
9.17/3 – to investigate use of the Baptist hall for Parish Council and for public meetings – the Parish Clerk reported that the Baptist hall could be hired subject to a donation at a similar rate as the YIPS hire.

4.2.    The following actions were carried forward:
4.17/1 – plan for development of the Common as a community resource (see item 5, below);
8.17/1 – track from B5269 towards Carr House Farm.

4.3.    With regard to outstanding action 8.17/1 the Parish Clerk reported that the surface had been replaced as requested but that the track remained 5.5 metres rather than the original 3.5 metre in width. The neighbouring landowner had expressed a wish to meet up with Parish Councillors to address concerns about his use of the track, however Parish Councillors remained resolved to take legal action if necessary to require him to revert the track to the original width. The Parish Clerk stated that funding to cover the expense of any legal action taken would need to be confirmed first.

  1. Carrs Green – It was agreed that it would be wise to make the initial phase of development as straightforward as possible, limited to provision of parking facilities opposite to the red-brick houses at Carrs Green, a noticeboard, and a track across the Common leading to a couple of picnic tables. The first step would be to produce a one-page proposal and then liaise with Commoners and then with other stakeholders.


  1. Planning Applications

 6.1.    The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
14/00595/DIS2 – discharge of condition 3 (affordable housing)

6.2.    Comments were requested with regard to the following applications:
17/00879/FUL: single storey rear extension at Cornfields, Preston Road – no comments raised;
16/00481/DIS: discharge of conditions 7 (drainage) and 16 (archeological evaluation) with respect to Preston Road Phase II – no comments were raised.

6.3.    A further item was raised relating to the Preston Phase II proposal, namely an amended site layout plan submitted by De Pol. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would feedback comments.

Action 10.17/2 – MA to feedback comments on amended site layout plan for Preston Road Phase II

7. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

7.1.    NW Air Ambulance – supporter celebration event invitation
7.2.    RAF Centenary Celebrations
7.3.    Lancashire Volunteer Partnership – posters – it was agreed to display this on the noticeboards
7.4.    Road Closure – Brock Road
7.5.    From a member of the public with regard to litter on the highway – Parish Councillors confirmed that responsibility for litter on the County Highway rested with the County Council and that the Parish Clerk should respond to the member of the public explaining that the Parish Lengthsman had a limited role in cutting the verges and keeping the village tidy
Action 10.17/3 – MA to advise member of the public with regard to responsibilities for litter-picking on the County Highway

  1. Financial Matters  8.1.    The annual Risk Register and the Half-Yearly Accounts were reviewed and approved by the Parish Council. The Parish Clerk reported that the half-yearly accounts showed an out-turn within 2% with the following balances:
    Opening balances were:                  £10,126.70
    Plus income:                                      £19,308.93
    Less expenditure:                                £5,192.12
    Closing balance:                                £24,243.51

8.2.    Payments approved at the meeting:  Clerk salary; PAYE; Clerks expenses; YIPS hire; Lengthsman; miscellaneous expense for repair of a bench.

8.3.    The Parish Council agreed to continue to hold payment of room rental due to YIPS for 2017/18 pending resolution of a further question with regard to use of the Baptist hall.

  1. Any Other Business

9.1.    The Parish Clerk reported that an objection had been raised with Fylde Borough Council with regard to the retrospective applications for planning approval for the transport site that has been established at Gorst Farm, Lodge Lane, Elswick.

9.2.    Cllr. James noted that the planters on the corner of Manor Road and Preston Road had been replaced, apparently by Create Homes. It was proposed that a letter of thanks be sent.
Action 10.17/4 – MA to write a note of thanks to Create Homes for the re-furbished planters on the corner of Manor Road.

9.3.    It was agreed that the Parish Clerk should submit a claim for up to £600 for recovery of Wyre-in-Bloom costs from Wyre Council
Action 10.17/5 – MA to submit claim for recovery of Wyre-in-Bloom costs