web analytics

Parish Council meeting minutes – Sept’17

Parish Council meeting minutes – Sept’17

October 20th, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 21st September 2017


Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public: 4 members of the public were also present for Item 1

Apologies:  Cllr Alan Lingard (AL); Cllr Carol Berry (CB); Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus)

Meeting opened:            20:00
Meeting closed:               22:00


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the meetings held on Thursday 20th July, 17th August and 30th August 2017
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning applications
  5. Carrs Green
  6. Wyre in Bloom
  7. Correspondence
  8. Financial matters
  9. Any other business

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 19th October 2017 at 8pm

Chair:    Cllr. Phil James
Date:     19th October 2017

1. Open Forum

1.1. Members of the public attended in order to discuss the Wyre Local Plan and how community objections might be best orchestrated. Whilst 12 members of the public at the recent public meeting organised by the Parish Council had expressed an interest in forming a community action group, no one had volunteered to lead it and it was suggested that the public would look to the Parish Council to take the lead. It was noted that the consultation period closed on Friday 3rd November. It was agreed that the Parish Council would prepare a further flier, which would include a questionnaire to ascertain community views.
Action 9.17/1 – MA to urgently draft a further flier / questionnaire with regard to the Wyre Local Plan for Parish Council review

1.2. A member of the public provided feedback with regard to ongoing opposition to fracking.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – minutes of meetings held on Thursday 20th July, 17th August and 30th August 2017 were approved, subject to one amendment.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
12.16/2 – weeding the parish archive to allow additional storage space in the existing filing cabinet
2.17/4 – liaison with Wyre Council with regard to Local Plan
5.17/1 – obtain estimate for replacement bench
7.17/1 – submit comments to Wyre Council with regard to planning application (55 dwellings)
7.17/2 – submit comments to Wyre Council with regard to planning application (affordable housing)
7.17/3 – feedback to Preston City concerns with regard to traffic joining road from Carr House Farm
7.17/4 – liaise with organiser of Catforth Amble
7.17/5- liaise with Northern Trust with regard to gifting of land for a village green
7.17/6 – draft parish newsletter
8.17/2 – liaise with contractor to ascertain the provenance of the material used to upgrade track
8.17/3 – to contact DAS Law in regard to the dispute related to the track across Carrs Green

3.2. Outstanding action 4.17/1 – draft a ‘plan on a page’ for development of the Common as a community resource – was deferred, see agenda item 5, below

3.3. With regard to outstanding action 8.17/1 – track from B5269 towards Carr House Farm – the Parish Clerk reported that the landowner of Carr House Farm had recently contacted advising that he would be meeting a contractor next week to discuss the re-instatement of the track and would keep the Parish Council updated on progress. In the meanwhile he noted that many concerns about the proposed development of 55 new homes at Inskip referenced a potential demand for properties suitable for senior citizens and wondered whether a development of that type might be desirable. He also sought to meet with the Parish Council in order to resolve at an early stage Parish Council concerns about his use of the track. It was agreed that a meeting could be arranged once the track had been re-instated and the Parish Clerk was authorized to continue to liaise with the landowner. Carried forward.

4. Planning Applications

4.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
16/01088/DIS – discharge of conditions, Birchwood, Preston Road

4.2. The following applications were referred to the Parish Council, but no further comments were raised:
17/00749/FUL – detached industrial building at Multiply Components, Trotters End, Preston Road;
14/00595/DIS2 – Discharge of conditions 3 (affordable housing) relating to planning permission for Ash Meadows (14/00595/OUTMAJ).

5. Carrs Green – Parish Councillors suggested that owing to more urgent matters, that the development of the Common be deferred until the next meeting. The Parish Clerk concurred but pointed out that until the Council committed funds to this project they were open to challenge that the ENW windfall was not being utilized to the benefit of the community.

6. Wyre in Bloom – the Parish Clerk reported that Inskip had won an award at the Lancashire Best Kept Village Competition.

7. Correspondence – MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

7.1. Ben Wallace MP with regard to provision of care packages
7.2. Paul Burrows with regard to releasing his ‘allotment’
7.3. Poster – Lancashire Adult Training
7.4. Poster – Regenda Homes: shared ownership offer
7.5. Alzheimer’s Society – thanks
7.6. SpID deployment – Preston Road
7.7. Northern Festival of Remembrance – poster – it was agreed to display this on the noticeboards
7.8. NW Air Ambulance – raffle
7.9. Ben Wallace MP with regard to superfast broadband
7.10. Mail asking about land for rent – it was agreed to advise that Metacre might be able to assist
7.11. BBC Radio Lancashire Live Christmas Concert
7.12. David Thow re: Wyre Local Plan Consultation and from Len Harris re: Local Plan materials
7.13. LALC Newsletter

8. Financial Matters

8.1. The Parish Clerk reported that the external auditors have now certified the Annual Return for 2016/17 and the Parish Council approved and accepted the certified Annual Return. Looking forward, the Parish Clerk reported that half yearly accounts and a first draft of a risk register would be prepared for the next meeting, forming part of good governance for the 2017/18 financial cycle.
Action 9.17/2 – MA to prepare half yearly accounts and draft risk register

8.2. Payments approved at the meeting: Clerk salary; PAYE; lengthsman; external audit fee; new bench; YIPS room rental; newsletter printing.

8.3. With regard to booking rooms for the Parish Council and for public meetings, the Parish Clerk was asked to investigate whether the Baptist hall might prove a practical alternative to using the YIPS Centre, and to hold payment of room rental due to YIPS for 2017/18 pending resolution of this.
Action 9.17/3 – MA to investigate use of the Baptist hall for Parish Council and for public meetings

9. Any Other Business – no other business was raised.