web analytics

Parish Council meeting minutes June 2017

Parish Council meeting minutes June 2017

July 21st, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 22nd June 2017


Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:               
Wyre Cllrs. Susan Catterall and Sue Pimbley (agenda item 1 only)

Cllr Chris Houghton; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary);

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP)

Meeting opened:            20:00
Meeting closed:               21:45


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 18th May 2017
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning applications
  5. Wyre in Bloom
  6. Correspondence
  7. Any other business
  8. Financial matters

Next meeting scheduled for:  Thursday 20th July 2017 at 8pm

Chair:    Cllr. Phil James
Date:     20th July 2017

1. Open Forum – Wyre Cllr. Catterall reported that the timetable for delivering the Wyre Local Plan remained at risk owing to delays in receipt of the LCC Highway report, though she understood that this had finally been delivered. Cllr. Delaney asked for the assistance of Wyre Councillors in expediting the re-painting of lines on the tennis court. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would write to Wyre Parks Supervisor copying the two Wyre Councillors into the correspondence.
Action 6.17/1 – MA to request the Parks Supervisor re-paint lines on the tennis court, copying correspondence to Wyre Councillors

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
6.16/3 – dispute with neighbouring farmer with regard to access to the Common
4.17/7 – liaise with internal auditor and submit accounts for sign-off
5.17/2 – liaison with lengthsman with regard to footpaths at Carrs Green
5.17/3 – report blocked drain to LCC

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:
12.16/2 – weeding the parish archive to allow additional storage space in the existing filing cabinet
2.17/4 – liaison with Wyre Council with regard to Local Plan
4.17/1 – draft a ‘plan on a page’ for development of the Common as a community resource
5.17/1 – obtain estimate for replacement bench
5.17/4 – liaise with allotment holder

3.3. With regard to Action 2.17/4, it was decided at a further meeting of the Parish Council on 30th May to hold talks with the Chief Executive of Wyre Council and with representatives of the landowner (see minutes of extra meeting, attached). Cllr. James reported that a positive meeting had been held with Wyre officials and it was agreed that the Parish Clerk should draft a follow up letter to the Wyre Council Chief Executive.

3.4. With regard to Action 5.17/4 Cllr Lingard reported that a solid wood bench could be obtained within a budget of £300. It was decided to approve this expenditure. In addition it was noted that the bench on the main road at Carrs Green needed some replacement slats and Cllr. Lingard agreed to carry out a repair.

4. Planning Applications

4.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
17/00253/FUL – Barn conversion at Rohan Hall, Hornby Lane
17/00338/FUL – erection of agricultural building at Moorhouse Farm
16/00972/FUL – Derby Arms Inskip

4.2. The following applications were submitted for review by the Parish Council
17/00455/FUL – Maple Cottages: change of use: no comments submitted

5. Wyre in Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that with the assistance of a couple of ladies of the village the bedding plants had been laid out to best advantage. The Wyre in Bloom brochure had been published and judging is scheduled for 11:30am on 21st July.

6. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

6.1. Flying the Flag for Merchant Navy Day
6.2. LCC fostering campaign – Councillors agreed for fliers to be placed on the noticeboards
6.3. Mr. Ben Wallace (Conservative Candidate):
– Broadband
– Education Provision
– Care Packages
Action 6.17/2 – MA to contact Openreach directly with regard to provision of sufficient broadband capacity at the cabinet adjacent to the Derby Arms, Inskip to cater for current and future demand at Inskip

6.4. Wyre Voice – request for copy and information on distribution
6.5. Open Spaces Society AGM
6.6. Mrs. Mary Southwell with regard to her planning application
6.7. LALC Newsletter June 2017
Action 6.17/3 – MA to apply to LALC for Transparency Funds to cover operating costs for website for 2017/18

7. Any Other Business

7.1. Mike Ainsworth noted that Dewhurst Homes have erected a For Sale notice on Parish Council land at Carrs Green and also that the details of Carr House that they have published on-line appears to indicate that the property for sale includes the track across Carrs Green. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk should contact Dewhurst Homes requiring that they remove their For Sale sign or agree financial compensation with the Parish Council and also to highlight to them that the track across Carrs Green is Parish Council property.
Action 6.17/4 – MA to contact Dewhurst Homes with regard to the For Sale sign that they have erected on Carrs Green and the details of Carr House published on their website

7.2. Andrew Maxfield, the Parish Lengthsman, is undertaking a World Record attempt for charity, travelling from John O’Groats to Lands End on a ride-on-mower starting on the 25th July. It was agreed that details of his “Driving the Distance for Dementia” event should be publicised on the Parish Council website and that Councillors should consider ahead of the next meeting what additional support the Parish Council could give.
Action 6.17/5 – MA to publicise Driving the Distance for Dementia event on the Parish Council website / all Councillors to consider what additional support the Parish Council could give

7.3. Cllr. Lingard reported that the YIPS management committee had yet to make a decision with regard to repair of the YIPS Centre boiler.

7.4. Cllr. Berry asked about SpID placement as she did not think that it had been deployed as promised.
Action 6.17/6 – MA to seek confirmation from LCC about SpID placement

7.5. Cllr. Carter reported that fibre optic had now been installed along Preston Road but had yet to be delivered to properties. Also that he was not aware if the drain on the highway adjacent to Direct Poultry had yet been cleared by LCC.

8. Financial Matters

8.1. MA reported that the Annual Audit report had been signed off by the internal auditor, Mr. George Diaper. The Accounts were signed off by the Chair and the Clerk. Accounts will also be published on the website.

8.2. Payments approved at the meeting: Clerks Salary; HMRC PAYE; Wyre-in-Bloom brochure printing costs; Lengthsman; bill for repair of pulley for tennis post.



Note of special members meeting called by the Parish Council Chair Cllr. Phil James held in YIPS Centre on Tuesday 30th May 2017 at 19:30

Attendees: Cllr. Phil James; Cllr. Martin Delaney; Cllr. Geoff Carter; Cllr. Chris Houghton

Agenda: Wyre Local Plan (Action 2.17/4 refers)

Wyre Local Plan (Action 2.17/4 refers)
Cllr. James reported that he had recently spoken with a member of the Wyre Local Plan team and it was apparent that planners were now minded to allocate further land to the north of Preston Road for the development of significant additional housing, contrary to how Councillors had been led to understand previously. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would arrange urgently for talks to be held with the Chief Executive of Wyre Council and with representatives of the landowner.
Carried forward

Meeting closed: 20:30