web analytics

Parish Council meeting minutes May 2017

Parish Council meeting minutes May 2017

June 23rd, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 18th May 2017

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Chris Houghton (CH)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:  Dianne Hogarth (agenda item 1 only)

Apologies:  PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor

cc:  Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP); Dianne Hogarth

Meeting opened:   20:15
Meeting closed:     21:30


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 20th April 2017
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning applications
  5. Wyre in Bloom
  6. Correspondence
  7. Any other business
  8. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 22nd June 2017 at 8pm

Chair:    Cllr. Phil James
Date:     22/06/2017

1. Open Forum – Dianne Hogarth asked for an update on Wyre in Bloom and the proposal to develop the Common. She suggested that the Parish Council might approach local property developers to sponsor the development on the Common however Cllr. James suggested that this might not be appropriate.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:
Action 3.17/5 – meeting with John Thompson on Common to agree clearance of ditches
Action 4.17/2 – liaison with LCC with regard to capacity at Inskip St. Peters School
Action 4.17/3 – respond to Wyre Planning enquiry
Action 4.17.4 – liaison with LCC with regard to SpID provision and SLOW sign on road
Action 4.17/5 – liaison with Create Homes with regard to superfast provision
Action 4.17/6 – letter of thanks to Duke of Edinburgh volunteer

3.2. The following actions were carried forward:
Action 6.16/3 – dispute with neighbouring farmer with regard to access to the Common
Action 12.16/2 – weeding the parish archive to allow additional storage space in the existing filing cabinet
Action 2.17/4 – liaison with Wyre Council with regard to Local Plan
Action 4.17/1 – draft a ‘plan on a page’ for development of the Common as a community resource
Action 4.17/7 – liaison with Internal Auditor

4. Planning Applications – No applications had been either approved or refused by Wyre Council during the last month related to the Parish.

5. Wyre in Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that he would pick up the ordered bedding plants in early June.

6. Correspondence – The Parish Clerk highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

6.1. Reply from Ben Wallace MP to recent correspondence from the Parish Council
6.2. Open Spaces Society – request for donation
6.3. Barton Village Neighbourhood Plan
6.4. Wyre Local Plan Timetable
6.5. Lancs. & Merseyside County Training Partnership – effective meetings workshop
6.6. LCC workshop – how Elected Members can improve the health and wellbeing of their communities

7. Any Other Business

7.1. To note that the next meeting will be held on the fourth Thursday of June.

7.2. Cllr. Lingard reported that he had removed the bench by the bus stop near to Pinfold Lane as it had been vandalised. The bench was beyond repair. It was agreed that this is one of the best used benches in the village and Cllr. Lingard was asked if he could obtain an estimate for a replacement.
Action 5.17/1 – AL to obtain estimate for replacement bench

7.3. Cllr. Berry asked if the lengthsman could remove weeds and moss from footpaths at Carrs Green.
Action 5.17/2 – MA to ask the lengthsman if weeds and moss could be removed from footpaths at Carrs Green

7.4. Cllr. Carter was concerned by a blocked drain on the highway adjacent to Direct Poultry. He had previously reported it but it remained outstanding.
Action 5.17/3 – MA to report blocked drain on the highway adjacent to Direct Poultry to LCC

7.5. Cllr. Delaney reported that concerns had been raised by members of the public at the scale of the allotment developed on public land adjacent to the Bowling Green. Councillors carried out a site inspection and it was agreed that the Parish Clerk should liaise with the allotment holder and request that it be scaled back to the original agreed size and turf re-instated, etc.
Action 5.17/4 – MA to liaise with the allotment holder to ensure that the allotment is scaled back to the original agreed size and turf re-instated

8. Financial Matters – The Parish Council approved a transfer between the bank current and business reserve accounts. Payments for Clerk Salary; PAYE; Parish Council Insurance were approved.