web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes April 2017

Parish Council Meeting Minutes April 2017

May 25th, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 20th April 2017

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)
Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:               
Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Jim Kings; Nick Danby; Dianne Hogarth; Kelly Giles

Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary)

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP)

Meeting opened:            20:00
Meeting closed:               21:55


  1. Carrs Green Common
  2. Open Forum for the general public
  3. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 16th March 2017
  4. Matters arising from the last meeting
  5. Planning applications
  6. Wyre in Bloom
  7. Correspondence
  8. Any other business
  9. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 18th May 2017 at 8pm

Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date: 18/05/17

1. Carrs Green Common

1.1. Parish Councillors met with members of the Wyre Council “Together” team at Carrs Green Common to discuss opportunities for Wyre Council for the future development of the Common as a community resource. It was agreed that Commoners and Residents would need to be brought ‘on board’ once the Parish Council had agreed on a vision for future development.
Action 4.17/1 MA to draft a ‘plan on a page’ for a future for the Common as a community resource for Commoners, residents, and visitors

2. Open Forum

2.1. Jim Kings requested an update with regard to directing Section 106 funding to Inskip St. Peters School. The Parish Clerk provided reported back on recent correspondence with LCC and Wyre Council.

2.2. Nick Danby gave an update with regard to both the Preston New Road site and the proposed site at Roseacre Wood. With regard to the later he reported that a further planning appeal is scheduled for next April. Concern was expressed that Cuadrilla might exploit the opening of the Broughton Bypass and the upgrades to the carriageway of the B5269 between Broughton and Inskip to prove mitigation against the objections to the traffic route that caused the original planning application to be rejected, reverting to a transport plan routing traffic along the B5269 from the new Broughton Bypass via Inskip for access to their Roseacre Wood site.

3. Minutes of Last Meeting – minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 16th March 2017 and of a Committee meeting held on Monday 20th March 2017 were approved as read.

4. Matters Arising

4.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared:

Action 3.16/1 – resolve the risk of children at play in School Lane
Action 6.16/7 – Electricity North West (ENW) easement. Cheque received
Action 2.17/1 – Carrs Green projects – contact Wyre Council and Myerscough College
Action 2.17/2 – raise Parish concerns with regard to allocation of Section 106 funding for education provision
Action 2.17/3 – prepare parish newsletter
Action 3.17/1 – publish meeting agenda on website and ensure that minutes are meaningful to casual reader
Action 3.17/2 – write to Ben Wallace MP about Wyre engagement with Mrs. Southwell
Action 3.17/3 – SC to identify how Wyre Council could offer Mrs. Southwell more effective support
Action 3.17/4 – fibre broadband provision at Sowerby
Action 3.17/6 – problems with service delivery of care packages at Inskip
Action 3.17/7 – confirmation that NW Ambulance Service website had been updated

4.2. The following actions were carried forward:

Action 6.16/3 – dispute with neighbouring farmer with regards to access to the Common
Action 12.16/2 – weeding the parish archive to allow additional storage space in the existing filing cabinet
Action 2.17/4 – liaison with Wyre Council with regard to Local Plan
Action 3.17/5 – meeting John Thompson on Common to agree clearance of ditches

5. Planning Applications

5.1. No planning applications had been either approved or rejected by Wyre Council since last meeting.

5.2. The Parish Council had made no observations with regard to planning application 17/00253/FUL for conversion of barn to one dwelling and erection of garage/store building at Rohan Hall, Hornby Lane. Likewise, no observations were raised with regard to a planning application 17/00338/FUL for erection of an agricultural livestock building at Moorhouse Farm, School Lane.

6. Wyre in Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that he had ordered flowers and the next WiB meeting was scheduled for 10th May.

7. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

7.1. LCC School Place Provision Strategy
Action 4.17/2 MA to ask LCC why children have been turned away from Inskip St. Peters School if the school is being reported as having surplus capacity currently

7.2. Notice from DAS Law regards costs incurred
7.3. Notifications from Wyre Council and other junk mail
7.4. Wyre Council – request for info on Community Facilities
Action 4.17/3 MA to provide response to Wyre enquiry with regard to community facilities

7.5. LCC with respect to resident query with regard to superfast provision

8. Any Other Business

8.1. Defibrillator checks – completed. Clerk has asked Cllr. Houghton to confirm when he has updated NW Ambulance website.

8.2. The Parish Clerk told the meeting that a member of the public had reported gun-dog training on Common on Easter Bank Holiday and emphasised that this should not be allowed during bird nesting season.

8.3. Cllr. James asked that the minutes of the previous meeting are included in the calling notice as previously.

8.4. Cllr. Berry thought that a SpID had not been placed at Carrs Green as requested and that LCC had forgotten to place one SLOW sign on the carriageway surface.
Action 4.17/4 MA to liaise with LCC with regard to SpID placement and SLOW sign on road at Carrs Green

8.5. Cllr. James questioned whether, if Superfast capacity at Inskip was currently exhausted, as appeared to be the case, whether there would be capacity for the new builds.
Action 4.17/5 MA to write to Create Homes with regard to superfast broadband provision for new builds

8.6. Cllr. Delaney was concerned at the amount of Parish Council business being transacted by email. It was agreed that decisions should either be deferred till the Council met or if decisions needed to be taken then the Chair should advise, consulting as required.

8.7. Cllr. Delaney also asked that a letter of thanks be sent to the Duke of Edinburgh volunteer who has done so much to keep the village tidy in the last few months.
Action 4.17/6 MA to write letter of thanks to Duke of Edinburgh volunteer

9. Financial Matters – at this point members of the public were asked to retire from the meeting

9.1. The annual accounts have been prepared and will be submitted to the Internal Auditor, Mr. George Diaper, for his review on his return from holiday along with the Risk and Assets Registers. In the meanwhile the Parish Clerk submitted Part 1 of the Annual Return, the Annual Governance Statement, which was approved by the Parish Council.
Action 4.17/7 – MA to liaise with Mr. George Diaper to agree the Annual Accounts and to submit same to June meeting of Parish Council for approval

9.2. Payments approved at the meeting: Clerk salary; HMRC PAYE; Clerk’s expenses; DR Design invoice for printing parish flier; Parish Lengthsman.