web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes Feb’17

Parish Council Meeting Minutes Feb’17

March 17th, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on:  Thursday 16th February 2017


Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk:  Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:                  Mrs. Margaret Whitehead

Apologies:  Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary);

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP)

Meeting opened:            20:00

Meeting closed:              21:30


  1. Open Forum for the general public
  2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 19th January 2017
  3. Matters arising from the last meeting
  4. Planning applications
  5. Wyre in Bloom
  6. Correspondence
  7. Any other business
  8. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for:  Thursday 16th March 2017 at 8pm


Chair:         Cllr Phil James
Date:           16th March 2017

1. Open Forum – no specific items were raised by members of the public in attendance.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared: 5.16/3; 1.17/1; 1.17/2; 1.17/3; 1.17/4.

3.2. The following actions were carried forward: 6.16/3; 6.16/7; 12.16/2.

3.3. With regards to 5.16.3, funding a BioBlitz on the Common. Though the application for Lottery Funding had been rejected the Parish Clerk suggested that the Parish Council might still consider funding activity to develop Carrs Green. It was agreed that any work should focus on delivering actual improvement to the Common rather than funding paper exercises and that the Parish Clerk should approach Wyre Council and Myerscough College to identify suitable joint projects.
Action 2.17/1 MA to liaise with Wyre Council and Myerscough College with regards to setting up joint projects to develop Carr House Green Common by creating walkways and information boards, etc.

4. Planning Applications

4.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
16/00790/COUQ – Conversion of agricultural building to one dwelling – Tudor Farm, Sowerby
16/00915/FUL –pitched roof over garage and single-storey extension to rear of garage – 17 Manor Rd
16/00481/OUTMAJ – up to 55 dwellings and village shop – land to north and south of Preston Rd
16/01100/FUL – 2 storey extension – Hawthorn Cottage, Carrs Green

4.2. With respect to 16/00481/OUTMAJ the Parish Clerk noted that the Section 106 agreement, signed between LCC and Metacre Ltd. prior to planning approval being granted, dedicated a contribution of £13,474.53 towards the cost of providing, expanding or improving educational facilities at Bilsborrow John Cross Church of England Primary School. Parish Councillors expressed concern that funding was going to Bilsborrow rather than the village school. It was agreed that the Parish Clerk, who had already written to Ben Wallace MP on this matter, should also write to LCC and Wyre Council to express Parish concerns and also to seek further information. In addition it was agreed that a parish newsletter should be drafted for issue round the village once all the information has been collated and also to be published on-line and issued to the local press.
Action 2.17/2 MA to write to LCC expressing Parish concerns with respect to the recent Section 106 agreement and seeking further information with respect to the funding of education provision
Action 2.17/3 MA to draft parish newsletter for issue round the village once all the information has been collated and also to be published on-line and issued to the local press

5. Wyre in Bloom – the Parish Clerk reported that the news item drafted by Cllr. Lingard seeking volunteers had been published on the website. Cllr. Lingard reported that no WiB meeting was scheduled this month.

6. Correspondence

MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

6.1. Letter from Ben Wallace MP covering education provision, superfast broadband, and highways.
6.2. March Bus Services Timetable Changes leaflet, detailing changes to local bus services.

7. Any Other Business – Cllr. Carter reported that the Bowling Club were seeking funds to tarmac the path round the green where flags have been lifted.

8. Financial Matters

8.1. The following payments were approved at the meeting: Clerk salary; PAYE; Lancashire Best Kept Village Competition 2017 entry fee. In addition the Parish Clerk reported that it would be possible to reclaim VAT to the sum of £427.32.

8.2. At this point, members of the public were asked to retire from the meeting. Councillors were briefed following a meeting with Wyre officials about progress of the Wyre Local Plan.
Action 02.17/4 MA to continue to liaise with Wyre officials and seek further information on the Local Plan