web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes Nov’16

Parish Council Meeting Minutes Nov’16

January 20th, 2017

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: Thursday 17th November 2016

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk: Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public: None

Apologies: Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary)

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP)

Meeting opened: 20:00
Meeting closed: 20:56


1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 20th October 2016
3. Matters arising from the last meeting
4. Planning applications
5. Wyre in Bloom
6. Correspondence
7. Any other business
8. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for: Thursday 19th January 2017 at 8pm


Chair:  Cllr. Phil James
Date:  19/01/17

1. Open Forum – no members of the public were in attendance.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared: 1.16/6; 10.16/2; 10.16/3; 10.16/4; 10.16/6; 10.16/7.

3.2. The Parish Clerk reported writing to Wyre Council twice with respect to the two conifers behind the YIPS. It was agreed that any follow up letter would be copied to Garry Payne.
Action 10.16/1 – carried forward

3.3. LCC Highways confirmed that “the condition of the B5269 between the Derby Arms and the Common is not great and whilst no works have been included as part of the 2016/17 programme for resurfacing, this road is being put forward for consideration as part of next years’ budget (this will be subject to priority)”. The Parish Clerk was instructed to reply expressing Parish Council concerns about road safety and recommending that warning signs be put up, copying Ben Wallace MP into the correspondence.
Action 10.16/5 – carried forward

3.4. The Parish Clerk confirmed that letters had been dispatched to Myerscough College, Garstang Community Academy, Broughton High School, Inskip St. Peters Primary, YIPS, Lancs. Wildlife Trust, and Fylde Bird Club seeking support for the proposed BioBlitz.
Action 5.16/3 – carried forward

3.5. The solicitor advised that ENW were unlikely to pay interest on top of the agreed compensation and the Parish Council agreed to accept the offer on the table. Parish Clerk to take forward
Action 6.16/7 – carried forward

4. Planning Applications

4.1. The following applications were approved by Wyre Council:
16/00896/HPN: Single storey rear extension at Oakwood, Preston Road
16/00788/FUL: Two storey rear extension at Lodge Cottage, Preston Road

4.2. The following applications were refused by Wyre Council: none

4.3. 16/00915/FUL: 17 Manor Road, first floor side extension over existing garage and two storey extension to rear:- it was agreed that the Parish Council would not submit any comments about this application.

4.4. 16/00972/FUL: Derby Arms, two storey side extension to provide function room and hotel rooms, change of use and first floor extension to existing store building to form ground floor shops and hotel rooms on the first floor:-
Action 11.16/1 – MA to write to Wyre Council endorsing proposal to develop Derby Arms, which complements the Parish Council vision for development of this part of the village

5. Wyre in Bloom – Cllr. Lingard provided a brief update

6. Correspondence – MA highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

6.1. Quentin James – WordPress Management Service. It was agreed that this offering was at this stage superfluous to Parish Council needs for website support.

6.2. UK Govt. – ‘Getting Ready for Winter’ information. It was agreed that a link to this site should be included on the Parish Council website
Action 11.16/2 – MA to add link to ‘Getting Ready for Winter’ to the Parish Council website

7. Any Other Business

7.1. Public liability insurance for volunteers and contractors. The Parish Clerk reported that Zurich Insurance advised that as he was a private contractor the Lengthsman should provide his own public liability insurance and MA stated that he was seeking confirmation of this. MA also confirmed that Zurich have included cover for one volunteer under the Parish Council insurance. It was stated that a volunteer would need to submit a risk assessment before carrying out any activities.

7.2. Cllr. Berry asked whether the Parish Council could obtain our own SPID in order to moderate traffic speeds within the village. It was suggested however that it might be more practical to request that LCC SPIDs be deployed in a range of locations around the village
Action 11.16/3 – CB to advise the Parish Clerk as to suitable locations of SPID deployment and MA to then arrange for SPID deployment with LCC

8. Financial Matters

8.1. Parish Councillors discussed the budget for 2017/18 and agreed that the precept submission for 2017/18 should remain unchanged from last year, provided that there are no significant developments in the meanwhile and subject to confirmation at the January meeting.

8.2. The following payments were approved at the meeting: Lengthsman, Clerk Salary, PAYE.


Note of PC Committee meeting held in YIPS Centre on Thursday 1st December 2016 at 19:30

Attendees: Cllr. Phil James; Cllr. Martin Delaney; Cllr. Chris Houghton; Cllr. Alan Lingard

Apologies: Cllr. Carol Berry.

1. Reply to letter from Mr. William Knowles (Action 6.16/3 refers)
2. AOB


Chair:  Cllr. Phil James
Date:  19/01/17

1. Reply to letter from Mr. William Knowles (Action 6.16/3 refers)
Councillors reviewed a draft response to the letter from Mr. William Knowles dated 19th November 2016. A number of amendments were proposed and the Parish Clerk agreed to circulate an updated draft for final approval.
Carried forward

2. AOB

2.1 The Parish Clerk had received a letter from HMRC asking customers to pay electronically. The problem is that most electronic payment mechanisms offered by HMRC are unsuitable given that the Parish Council bank account requires three signatures. One solution would be for payments to be made from a personal account to be followed by an expense claim being made, however there were issues with this related to potential for fraud and it would be wise to agree any such proposal in advance with the auditor. It was agreed that for now the Parish Council would continue to pay HMRC by cheque and the Clerk would contact HMRC to explain the rationale for this.
Action 12.16/1: MA to contact HMRC to explain rationale for continuing to make payments by cheque

2.2 Cllr. James reported that it had been suggested that the old Parish Council minute books that had been loaned to the ‘200 Years of Schooling in Inskip’ exhibition might perhaps be donated to the County Records Office. It was decided however that it would be more appropriate to preserve them locally and Cllr. Lingard agreed to ensure that they were stored safely in a dry and fire-resistant environment.
Action 12.16/2: AL to review storage of PC archive

Meeting closed: 21:00