web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes October 2016

Parish Council Meeting Minutes October 2016

November 18th, 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: Thursday 20th October 2016

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Chris Houghton (CH)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk: Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:
Nick Danby; Dianne Hogarth; Keith Bench; Margaret Collins; Paul Burrows; Brian and Mrs. Dearnaley; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary)

Cllr Geoff Carter (GC); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP)

Meeting opened: 20:00
Meeting closed: 22:00


1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 22nd September 2016
3. Matters arising from the last meeting
4. Planning applications
5. Wyre in Bloom
6. Correspondence
7. Any other business
8. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for: Thursday 17th November 2016 at 8pm


Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date: 17/11/16

1. Open Forum

1.1. Nick Danby and Dianne Hogarth provided updates regards community opposition to fracking.

1.2. Keith Bench asked for agreement to cut down a couple of conifers that he had planted on the boundary of council land immediately behind where the YIPS Centre now stands. He will contract with a qualified tree surgeon. As the land is owned by Wyre Council it was agreed that they would need to be informed
Action 10.16/1 MA to liaise with Wyre Council regards removal of conifers behind the YIPS

1.3. Paul Burrows attended to discuss his request to erect a greenhouse. It was agreed that any structures must be temporary, must keep within the current footprint, and the whole site must be kept tidy.

1.4. Kirsty Newson reported that she was now the sole local PCSO, provided a brief update on local crime, and highlighted that Garstang and Over Wyre Police are now available on social media.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.

3. Matters Arising

3.1. The following outstanding actions were cleared: 6.16/5; 9.16/1; 9.16/2; 9.16/3; 9.16.4

3.2. The Clerk raised the proposed application for Lottery funding for a BioBlitz on the Common. Cllr. Berry agreed to be the main contact for the application. It was agreed that YIPS and local schools and colleges should be approached to gain their support for the application.
Action 5.16/3 carried forward

3.3. The solicitor engaged to complete the deed of grant with ENW for the cable laid across the Common advises that ENW maintain that they have already made a substantially improved offer and are unwilling to move on “lift and shift”. Councillors concluded that there was no prospect of this land being developed and agreed the current wording of the deed however the solicitor should be instructed to seek interest be paid covering the period since the Parish Council accepted the ENW offer
Action 6.16/7 carried forward

4. Planning Applications

4.1. Proposed removal of public payphones at Derby Crescent and Sowerby Road. The Parish Council considered that adopting redundant kiosks would be a burden that outweighed any community benefit.
Action 10.16/2 – MA to respond to Wyre Council about adoption of redundant kiosks

4.2. The outline planning application for a residential development at Preston Road comprising up to 55 dwellings (16/00481/OUTMAJ) was heard by the Wyre Planning Committee on 5th October.
Cllr. Houghton and two residents spoke against. Whilst the Planning Committee agreed the application, it is understood that that a decision has yet to be made as to whether it will be called-in for ministerial review at the Dept. for Communities and Local Government. There was considerable concern with respect to provision for schooling in Inskip if this housing development was approved.
Action 10.16/3 – MA to write to Ben Wallace MP, to Garry Payne (Wyre Council), and to the Headteacher of Inskip St Peters School expressing concern with LCC proposals for education provision

4.3. The following applications have been refused by Wyre Council:
16/00746/FUL – single storey porch extension at 8 Mill Close

4.4. Two new applications were noted (16/00896/HPN: Oakwood Preston Road: Single storey rear extension and 16/00915/FUL: 17 Manor Road: First floor side extension over existing garage and two-storey side extension to rear). Both were re-submissions. The Parish Council have yet to be impacted in either case.

5. Wyre in Bloom – Cllr. Lingard gave a brief report

6. Correspondence

6.1. The Clerk reported receipt and successful handling of two complaints from members of the public. One related to parking on Preston Road by contractors working at the building site, the other related to an abandoned car in Derby Crescent.

6.2. It was agreed to display an LCC Flooding Poster on the Parish Noticeboards.

7. Any Other Business

7.1. A complaint had been received that flags flying at the building site were in poor repair.
Action 10.16/4 – MA to write to the developer expressing concern that the poor state of flags detracts from the ambience of the village and looks unprofessional

7.2. It was noted that vehicles were meandering across the carriageway on the B5269 between the Derby Arms and Carrs Green to avoid potholes.
Action 10.16/5 – MA to complain to LCC that potholes on the B5269 were now a danger to road users

7.3. There was concern at the lack of way markers on Woods Lane, which was a danger to road users owing to the deep ditches.
Action 10.16/6 – MA to inspect road at Woods Lane and to report lack of way markers to LCC

8. Financial Matters – at this point members of the public were asked to retire from the meeting

8.1. The Annual Audit has been completed and the annual return and the auditor’s report have been published. An updated Risk Register and financial statement for the first half of FY 2016/17 has been prepared by the Clerk and will be distributed to inform Councillors ahead of 2017 budget discussions.

8.2. The following payments were approved at the meeting: Clerks Expenses, Auditors Fees, Clerks Salary, PAYE, and Lengthsman services.

8.3. The Clerk provided an update with respect to a solicitors letter being drafted with respect to incursions on the Common (Action 6.16/3 refers).

8.4. There was a discussion about the draft Wyre Local Plan and its potential impact.
Action 10.16/7 – MA to liaise with Wyre Council with respect to the policies that might be included in the draft Local Plan