web analytics

Parish Council Meeting Minutes September 2016

Parish Council Meeting Minutes September 2016

October 21st, 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on: 22nd September 2016

Cllr Phil James (PJ – Chair)
Cllr Carol Berry (CB)
Cllr Geoff Carter (GC)
Cllr Martin Delaney (MD)
Cllr Alan Lingard (AL)

Clerk: Mike Ainsworth (MA)

Members of the Public:

Cllr Chris Houghton (CH); PCSO Karen Hodgson and PCSO Kirsty Newson (Lancs. Constabulary)

Parish Councillors; Joanne Porter (Wyre Council); Wyre Cllr Susan Catterall; Wyre Cllr Sue Pimbley; LCC Cllr Vivien Taylor; PCSO Karen Hodgson (Lancs. Constabulary); Maureen Nield (In Focus); Mark White (LEP); Dianne Hogarth

Meeting opened: 20:00
Meeting closed: 22:20


1. Open Forum for the general public
2. Minutes of the last meeting held on Thursday 21st July 2016
3. Matters arising from the last meeting
4. Planning applications
5. Wyre in Bloom
6. Correspondence
7. Any other business
8. Financial matters

Next meeting Scheduled for: 20th October 2016 at 8pm


Chair: Cllr. Phil James
Date: 20/10/16

  1. Open Forum – no members of the public attended
  1. Minutes of Last Meeting – approved as read.
  1. Matters Arising

3.1.    The following outstanding actions were cleared:
7.16/1;  7.16/2;  7.16/3;  7.16/4;  7.16/5;  7.16/6;  7.16/7;  7.16/8;  7.16/9;  7.16/10;  7.16/11.

3.2.    The following outstanding actions were carried forward:
1.15/3.7;  1.16/6;  3.16/1;  5.16/3;  6.16/3;  6.16/4;  6.16/5;  6.16/7.

3.3.    With regards to the proposal to seek funding for a Bio Blitz (5.16/3). An application form has been prepared by the Parish Clerk with the help of Margaret Dickinson of Natural England. The Clerk asked that Parish Councillors review this ahead of the next meeting.

3.4.    With regards to incursions on the Common (6.16/3), the Parish Clerk reported that he had met Mr. William Thompson driving across the Common earlier in the day and that he had asserted that he had a right of way onto the Common.

  1. Planning Applications

4.1.    The following planning applications have been approved by Wyre Council:
16/00673/FUL – Replacement front porch – 4 Mill Close

4.2.    The following planning applications have been refused by Wyre Council:
16/00785/HPN – application for a single storey rear extension – Oakwood, Preston Road
16/00629/FUL – application for erection of domestic outbuilding / granny annexe – Gisborne House, Preston Road
16/00601/FUL – application for 2 storey extension at 17 Manor Road

4.3.    16/00746/FUL – Single storey front porch extension – 8 Mill Close Inskip – no comments recorded

4.4.    16/00788/FUL – Two storey rear extension at Lodge Cottage –it was agreed that no comments needed to be submitted

4.5.    16/00790/COUQ – Conversion of agricultural barn to dwelling – Tudor House Farm – Parish Councillors expressed concern that a proliferation of new developments in the countryside was not beneficial, that permitting this development might set an undesirable precedent making it difficult for Wyre to refuse any similar future developments.

  1. Wyre in Bloom – Cllr. Lingard reported that the awards ceremony would be held in October.
  1. Correspondence – The Parish Clerk highlighted the following correspondence to Councillors for consideration:

6.1.    LCC Parish Champion Newsletter
6.2.    Complaint about littering from Claire West and response from Site Manager
6.3.    Mary Southwell – building work at 2 Maple Cottages and follow-up correspondence from David Thow (Wyre) to Cllr. Pimbley
6.4.    Incident and Crime Summary – July’16
6.5.    LCC Bus Service Changes – Service 80 Preston – Great Eccleston – Myerscough: From 5th Sept 2016 LCC will revise the timetable, making minor timing adjustments to maintain combined frequency with Service 75 between Preston City Centre and Riversway. Rotala Preston Bus will continue to operate this service on behalf of LCC
6.6.    BHF Newsletter – Heartbeat
6.7.    Parkers Wholesale catalogue
6.8.    LALC courses
6.9.    Ben Wallace MP had replied to correspondence about broadband provision, advising that he had made representations to Jo Turton LCC urging that superfast broadband is extended to all properties at Inskip. Cllr. Delaney reported back that he had arranged for one of his staff to obtain a subsidy for satellite broadband provision.

New Action 9.16/1 – MA to publicise on Parish Website subsidy for satellite broadband provision

6.10.Wyre Voice
6.11.LCC – severe weather activity update (potholes and gullies)
6.12.LCC – Parish Conference – update
6.13.LALC – September Newsletter
6.14.Sgt. Danielle Freaney – August Incident & Crime Summary & withdrawal of PCSO
6.15.Pensions Regulator – complete your declaration of compliance by 1st October
6.16.Civic Remembrance events & Wyre Mayor hosting Northern Festival of Remembrance

New Action 9.16/2 – MA to order wreath

6.17.LCC – note from Jo Turton re: Changes to LCC Delivery Locations
6.18.Wyre Flood Forum
6.19.LCC – seeking candidates for County Councillors
6.20.NW Air Ambulance Raffle Tickets
6.21.SLCC Data Protection and Freedom of Information workshop

  1. Any Other Business

7.1.    The Parish Clerk confirmed that the Parish Website was now live and that Editor login names and passwords would need to be issued to Parish Councillors, and the location of the Parish Website should be publicised through an inFocus article.

New Action 9.16/3 – MA to issue Editor login names and passwords to Parish Councillors and to publicise the Parish Website through an inFocus article

7.2.    Councillors were concerned that, if meeting minutes were available to a wider audience on the website, care would need to be taken to ensure that the published content did not include confidential information. It was noted that meeting minutes at neighbouring Parish Councils were more concise and contained less detail than the style traditionally adopted at Inskip-with Sowerby. The Parish Council resolved that some details of public expenditure and some specific matters related to the management of public land would be curtailed in future meeting minutes.

7.3.    The Parish Clerk reported that the Parish Council schedule for 2017 would need to include holding the June meeting on the 4th Thursday of the month. It was agreed that from 2017 the schedule would include an August meeting, to be held on the Common, with members of the public invited.

New Action 9.16/4 – MA to arrange 2017 PC meeting schedule

  1. Financial Matters

8.1.    The Parish Clerk presented the 2016/17 Risk Assessment for Parish Council review.

8.2.    Payments for IT provisioning and for rent of land at Manor Road had been approved at the meeting on the common in August. Payments covering Parish Clerk salary, PAYE, and for lengthsman services were approved at the meeting.